Found some great film holder-holders

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by SteveR, Apr 2, 2011.

1. SteveR

SteveR Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    G'day All,

We had family visiting a few weeks back to meet our new baby, it's not often we all get together in one place, so it was a bit of an event. The first thing everyone did, was ask me where all the camping outlet stores are, we're all a sucker for good camping gear, and even more so when it's a bargain.

My Ma' came home one day with some neat little padded bags, their potential did not go unnoticed, and I was down to the store the next day to get a few for myself. They were these things from Kathmandu. Not sure if these stores are around outside of Australia, but a good tip to us Aussies, the small size of these bags fit four double darks perfectly, or three and a roll back. Zippered pocket inside the lid for note pad, reciprocity charts etc.

I've been using them for the past few weeks on a few day trips and an over-nighter with plenty of drizzle, they were fantastic, I think I've finally found my (for the time being) ideal solution to carrying film holders. At only $9 from the outlet stores, you can't go wrong. Just wanted to pass it along :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011
  2. M.A.Longmore

M.A.Longmore Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Steve,

The linkage is broken.

3. Dave Swinnard

Dave Swinnard Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. SteveR

SteveR Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    An easy fix, thanks Dave

5. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey, Steve. These items are awesome. I bought two this afternoon, and will probably buy two more.

The medium size, $12.50 each, are perfect for 4 x 5 holders. :smile:

6. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a couple of similar units picked up at yard sales for a dollar each. One for unexposed film the other for exposed, and properly labeled. I am looking for more, I think they would make neat padded lens carriers for my kit.

7. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Those do look pretty nice. I wonder, though, if the fleece lining has caused a dust problem in the holders stored within them?

8. SteveR

SteveR Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Okay, must have been the medium ones I got then, sorry! I just know they're a perfect fit for 4x5's, but only cost me $9 :tongue:

Dan, I had wondered the same thing, previously I had been using a 'lunch cooler', with slick plastic sides, I'll have to see how I go. If I have any issues I'll report back.