frame for change bag (35mm processing equipment)?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Dean Taylor, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    hello--

Has anyone assembled a frame of sorts--e.g., via fitting together small PVC tubes--to 'open up' the change bag--in order to more easily get the film into the Paterson tank?

thank you

Dean Taylor

2. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use to use the largest box that would fit inside the bag, with the flaps cut off and part of the side facing the zipper cut out to be able to put stuff in there. You may have to experiment with different boxes to find what will work for you.

3. jcoldslabs

jcoldslabs Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I haven't done it myself, but I have a friend who made a "dome" of two criss-crossed lengths of sturdy wire mounted onto a board. He slides this into his changing bag and it keeps the upper portion of the bag aloft like a tent. It works well and was dirt cheap. Wire hangers could work for this, too.

4. Toffle

Toffle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have done the box thing, and it does help, but it is cumbersome inside the bag, and I gave it up after a few times. The wire dome might be a little easier to work with.

5. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    An outside frame with cords hanging down with clips might work, also. Nothing inside to hamper one's movement.

I have used a piece of stiff plastic sheeting, cut larger in one direction than the bag. Because it is bigger, it creates a dome inside -- worked okay.

Vaughn