Framed Prints

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by RalphLambrecht, Aug 6, 2010.

How many of your prints are framed?

1. none

40.0%
  2. <10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. <25

20.0%
  4. <100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. >100

40.0%
  1. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just out of interest:

How many of your prints (as far as you know) are currently mounted, matted and framed, hanging on walls somewhere?

2. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Note to self: File bug report - Polls do not acknowledge radio buttons as being checked.

Two 5x4 orotones, and two 12" square colour prints to date.

3. Cheryl Jacobs

Cheryl Jacobs Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    As mentioned, the poll function isn't working. My answer is easily over 100; that's a combination of fine art prints and portrait work for my clients. If I had to guess, I'd put the number somewhere around 500 or so.

4. RalphLambrecht

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry, the poll is not working. A bug report was sent to the administrator!

5. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Probably about a hundred in all, not a lot considering how long I've been a photographer,an average less than two a year.

6. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well over a 100, probably 160+ not including any sold framed :D

That's not counting many other Exhibition sets that have been in and out of the same frames :smile:

I answered the original question not the 2nd :D The actual number exhibited at one time varies from the 100's to zero, sales to galleries & collectors is in the 100's across 5 continents, the first in Australia in the early 80's alongside Max Dupains work.,

Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
  7. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mounted and hanging on a wall somewhere? I think two back home in Canada. And a few more tiny contact cyanotype prints in frames (but not wall mounted). A year or two ago I realized that I had no real portfolio of work, and if I ever wanted to exhibit it at home or in public that I would need to work on having a fairly consistent theme, look (usually lith), and size. So I've been working on that and now have a fair number of prints that I would now like to frame and hang. The problem is I now live in Japan and finding a place to do the framing for me will be expensive, and I'm reluctant to put too many pictures on the wall considering how much money I had to put down as a security/damage deposit on this apartment a few months ago.

8. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I put over 100, but that assumes that a fair portion of the prints I have sold have in fact been placed in frames and are on display. My guess is that it is so for the majority.

9. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The actual number is over 100, but less than 25 are on display in my home at any one time.

10. chriscrawfordphoto

chriscrawfordphoto Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Several hundred at least. I sell my prints for a living.

11. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Every one of my Ilfochrome Classic photographs are framed, to the Museum Grade Conservation Standard.
    At last count it was 204; I'd have to forage through records to up that number with sold prints.
    There are many more just matted and wrapped (some people like to have their own choice in framing).

12. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, it seems that you can vote for more than a hundred, or none. I'm the none -- really it should be less than 10, but that option doesn't work for the poll.

13. archer

archer Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Several hundred that I'm sure of but I've been at this a very long time.
    Denise Libby

14. RalphLambrecht

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jason

Can you inform Sean about this bug about polls. Some of the buttons are not selectable.

15. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I noticed that bug too. I clicked >100, but it returned an error that I have to make a selection to make the vote count (or something).

16. Monophoto

Monophoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The radio buttons still don't work - - -

I have a collection of frames that I use to rotate the selection of framed prints. At any one time I have about 20 prints in frames, but over the years several hundred have been framed.

17. Dave Martiny

Dave Martiny Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It's probably around 100, give or take, with a portion of them being duplicates. My walls are filled with family photos and an abundance of watercolor paintings done by my wife's grandfather, so for right now, I don't have much gallery space. I mostly give my framed prints to friends and family as gifts, though I have sold a few. I have about 40 - 50 of them at home, and I drag them out to show to anyone that is interested, and even to some who aren't. Storing them becomes an issue, and since almost all use the same sized frames, I'm contemplating building a slotted floor to ceiling storage rack to keep them all in.

Regards,

Dave

18. Neal

Neal Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Seventeen, but only 12 different images. Five are in my house, the rest are at relatives or friends homes. I could add 4 more if Crate and Barrel coasters count.;>)

Neal Wydra

19. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I think he is aware of it, but I will check. There is a bit of a "bug backlog" right now, but things are getting caught up.

20. Toffle

Toffle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I thought I had responded to this... must be another instance of deciding not to pull the trigger.

I estimate somewhere between 100-150 matted and/or framed prints. I only wish I had sold as many. I have a terrible habit of giving away prints... friends, family, associates... Every year I do a large-ish print run for the principals of whatever show I happen to be involved with. (for last year's Evita I did 35 4x5 contact prints of an antique microphone... very kitschy. :D ) I keep telling myself that some day this will lead to actual paying customers. Ironically, most of the prints that I have sold (souvenir snaps for actors and crew) have been neither mounted or framed.