Fred Picker and Zone VI Studios

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Richard T Ritter, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Richard T Ritter

Richard T Ritter Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There will be a show featuring the work of Fred Picker and the history of Zone VI Studios opening on Friday August 4 at the Vermont Photo Center www.vcphoto.org .
    Show will run the month of August.

There will also be a talk at the Brattleboro Museum and Art Center on Thursday the 17 th given by Richard Ritter.

Richard Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

2. reggie

reggie Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Is there any chance that you can digitally record your talk and have it posted somewhere for download\streaming playback?

I live too far away to make it.

-R

3. Tom Duffy

Tom Duffy Member

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Richard. I'll make a point of seeing the show. I still have a couple of Fred's video's and a collection of his newletters. These were a very important influence when I was first starting out in large format photography.

Take care,
    Tom

4. Changeling1

Changeling1 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I second the motion! Or.... how about a PDF transcript of the talk on line at least? :smile:

5. mmcclellan

mmcclellan Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    If I was in the US, I would gladly walk from Washington to Vermont to catch this! Fred Picker did more to help me in large format photography, both technically and aesthetically, than any book, teacher, or guru I ever encountered. He was a superb teacher and he created great products that made life much easier for photographers who like to develop their own stuff and to help them realize their visions. I would certainly urge anyone who can go to to this to do so.

If there is any way we can access the lectures, program, and anything else through movie or audio files, documents, etc., it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

6. JustK

JustK Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the heads up! I will try to make the show/lecture on August 17, or at least the show sometime in August, looking forward to it!
    Cheers, Krystyna