Free Film from Fujifilm and Metro (UK)

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by roteague, Nov 2, 2007.

1. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Press Release:

"Fujifilm Professional and Metro Imaging have joined forces to offer free packs of film to customers in a limited offer.

Each time a photographer has 10 rolls of 120 colour negative film processed at Metro Imaging they will receive a free five roll pack of Fujicolor PRO160S or PRO400H 120 colour negative film.

To claim your free 5 roll pack, simply click here to download a voucher, and return it when you process 10 rolls of any brand of 120 colour negative film at any London branch of Metro Imaging.

Further information on Metro, together with a list of their branches is available from www.metroimaging.co.uk

The offer is open only while stocks last and is limited to one free pack of film per processing order, per person, per day. This voucher is valid until 30 November 2007.

The Fujicolor PRO Series offers an exceptional range of professional colour negative films to suit all purposes. The PRO Series produces natural skin tones, extremely fine grain, it has a wide exposure latitude and is optimised for digital scanning."

2. Richard Harris

Richard Harris Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    thught folks may wish to know. I do my own processing now but used to use Metro. They were first class in those days. (4years ago ish) Depending on price this could be a good offer. Metro are a prolab with hands on control of processes.

3. Akki14

Akki14 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Metro charge 5.40 for dev only... so that's 54 quid of developing for 1 5roll pack. Not so sure on this considering I do my own c-41 stuff and get 12 rolls of 120 done at home for 12quid and am pretty sure I don't spend the extra 42quid on 1 5roll pack of film.
    But, yes, Metro are apparently a very pro lab, I don't doubt that but from an amateur's point of view this offer isn't such a good deal.

4. Matt5791

Matt5791 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    £54 for 1 5 roll pack?....is it not £27 for 1 5 roll pack?

I use Palm Lab in Birmingham - they are a pro lab offering everything from full digital services to B&W and Colour handprinting.

They charge £4.50 inc. VAT for either C41 or E6 (120) per roll.

www.palmlabs.co.uk

5. Akki14

Akki14 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I meant it's 54quid of processing charges and what you get is 1 5roll pack. It's cheaper to dev your own and buy a pack of film off of ebay, or even some online places have them for fairly cheap.
    I don't know what full prices are for the 5 roll pack because I tend to buy out of date stuff off of ebay where I get film for £1-£2 a roll.