FREE!!! Two large format enlargers

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by singram, Jan 22, 2011.

1. singram

singram Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have two large format enlargers to give away. These are large and bulky, and way too expensive to ship, so they will be pickup only items.

Enlarger #1:
    This is a 5x7 Elwood Style Enlarger. It has a cast base that hinges towards the bottom of the enlarger allowing it to move 90 degrees from the baseboard. The entire enlarger is made of cast or metal parts.

[​IMG]

This is a BIG enlarger! It is over 5 feet tall from the floor the top of the lamp house. I am using my little Beseler enlarger as a reference to show the size of this big beast. The enlarger comes with a metal 4x5 and wooden 5x7 negative carrier, and a decent little Elgeet 135mm 4.5 Colorstigmat enlarging lens.

[​IMG]

I was told from the previous owner, that this enlarger was used to make mural sized photographs projecting the image on the wall of a darkroom. It has been modified, and a Omega D series type of condenser glass piece was fabricated into the top of this enlarger. It was loosely tied in with some flimsy wire, and I think it could easily be converted back to original - just a piece of frosted glass in it's place, or used as is.

[​IMG]

Enlarger #2:
    Kodak 4x5 Auto Focus Enlarger. The chassis is cast metal. The enlarger lamp house is a Japanned tin material attached to a wooden piece for the wooden negative carrier.

[[​IMG]

The enlarger has a built in c-clamp in the base, and this allows you to clamp the enlarger to the corner of any table, rather than using a traditional enlarger baseboard setup. It comes with a wooden 4x5 carrier, and a wee little Kodak Antastigmat 150mm lens with a washer stop inserted inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just don't have the room or equipment to print large format negatives any more. I know these are oldies, but someone may be interested in obtaining a free enlarger to print their large format negatives. Send me a PM or answer through this thread if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. JohnMeadows

JohnMeadows Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Wish I lived closer! (about a 12 hour drive away in Toronto!) :-(

3. Simon Benton

Simon Benton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The Elwood is a great enlarger for 5x7 and 4x5 - I have one. Someone should take advantage of this great offer!

4. JohnMeadows

JohnMeadows Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am :smile:

5. singram

singram Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Elwood is spoken for, still looking for a taker on the Kodak 4x5.

6. Matthew Rusbarsky

Matthew Rusbarsky Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A lucky guy that got the Elwood. As long as you like printing on your knees!

7. JohnMeadows

JohnMeadows Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I guess it adds a spiritual aspect :smile: