Freestyle/Ag order to Adelaide

Discussion in 'Australia' started by polyglot, May 9, 2011.

1. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi all,

I've run out of IR820 and intend to place an order this week or next to Ag. If anyone wants anything, let me know. Looks like a friend is ordering some large paper too, so heavy items are probably OK in this order.

Similarly for Freestyle. They're much cheaper on Kodak stuff (hardly surprising) so I figured I'd load up on New Portra and TMY2. If you want anything from there, let me know.

If you're not in Adelaide, the interstate re-shipping might kind of ruin this for you.

2. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I hope that AG follow through for you. The last two orders we had through them never happened as they never got back on shipping.

I might be up for a few bits and pieces. I'll let you know

3. MattC

MattC Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I might be up for a few items and probably some paper - will let you know.
    When do you need to know by?

Cheers,
    Matt

4. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Purchasing goodies from the US of A is soooo much fun nowadays with the dollar bouncing around way above parity. :smile:

Be aware the heavier and bigger the order, the longer it will take to touch down as it will be snagged by Customs for perusal. B&H shipped a joint order to us here in Victoria with confounding speed, but then it was only film (and another order going in tomorrow). I think it was 5-6 days.

5. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If I could get definite lists of stuff by Thursday that'd be good; I'd like to order Friday.

Since I have to prepay, I'm not sure yet what to do with the orders of people I haven't met personally - if I were you I'd be just as iffy about sending me money before I order as I would about buying stuff on your behalf. The cash flow isn't a problem, I just want make sure I don't end up with $300 of materials I have no need for. Does anyone know a good way around this?

6. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can vouch for MattC (plus I owe him money!)....can you vouch for me? :wink:

In other words, I have no real idea, apart from trust.....

7. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If you can vouch for MattC then that's probably about it. How about you guys do a direct deposit to me when I send you copies of the paid store invoices?

Anyway, PM or email me lists of the stuff you want from each shop as I will be ordering from both late on Friday. If you're buying heavy stuff, expect to wear more of the shipping cost as I'll try to split it approximately by weight and I guess you'll just have to accept that I divide that bit up approximately fairly; I'll provide a spreadsheet showing the reasoning for everyone.

8. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No problem. I am assuming that it is still OK to ship in powdered chems from O/S?

9. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ag seem to be willing to ship anything including wet E6 kits (though the shipping cost is nuts) and I've previously bought XTOL and D76 from them with no problems. AFAIK Freestyle will ship us anything in their catalogue that doesn't say "ORMD Ground Only".

10. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  11. Michael W

Michael W Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've never dealt with Ag - is there a benefit to buying from them rather than Freestyle or B&H?

12. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    They're cheaper for some things like IR820. They're an APUG sponsor too, and a small business. If you want stuff, you're free to specify that it comes from Freestyle.

13. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Howdy,

Did you get my 2 PM's? I sent one earlier in the day and one just now.

Ashley

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  14. Sponsored Ad
  15. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  16. MattC

MattC Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for organizing this - sorry for my lack of response - between being flat out, and internet filters at work :mad:, I have not had a chance to respond!

17. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Freestyle want a bank transfer which involves big fees. Their shipping cost is also pretty steep. I'm gonna see if it's cheaper (despite the higher item prices) to get it all from Ag.

18. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Don't they accept C/Card transactions? That is plain weird. I know for my part of the order, AG is probably better.

19. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    They accept CC transactions only after the first order if you're international. Doesn't help that the total is $600ish with shipping.

20. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    States in their International postage: "Please note that all first time international orders over $250 will require a wire transfer as payment."

Under that it looks like they're happy to accept CC. Guess they may have been burned previously. . . . . .

21. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've edited the FS order to be under $250, which means some of your paper and the Bromophen is no longer ordered. It will be cheaper to just tack a couple of items onto the big Ag order rather than pay another shipping cost to FS, so I'm going to do that.

22. cluttered

cluttered Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Also, you'll need to wait a month from that first order before placing a subsequent CC order, so that they have enough time to make sure the bank actually gives them the money without a cancelled payment.

23. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Matt at Ag Photo has emailed saying he'll have us a shipping quote ASAP. Should be (going on past experience) a couple of days since this is a moderately fat order of about $580 plus shipping and I've bought stuff from them a few times previously.

I guess it's not quite Monday business hours in California yet but I hope not to hear about any more problems from Freestyle with my shrunken order there.

24. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    OK, we have the shipping quote (93GBP - C41 kit and loads of paper) and Matt (ag-photographic) is sending it out today. I gotta go plug that number & the current exchange rate into my spreadsheet tonight or tomorrow but I think your total for all that paper and developer is about $200. MattC and Hoffy: can you please PM me your email addresses; I'll send you the price breakdown spreadsheet and my bank details.

thanks!

PS: how do we want to do handover? We probably won't have it in time for the Atkins whingefest next Friday but I'd be surprised if I can't bring it to the AFDUG Inaugural Pissup or meet you in town of an evening before then.

25. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sure, I'll send you through my details.

As for pickup, I am in the City every day for work, so what ever is easier in reality. What side of the city are you?

Ashley

26. MattC

MattC Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I work close to the city at Torrensvile if that is closer or any easier for anyone.