Freestyle Pricing

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by ineffablething, Aug 20, 2006.

1. ineffablething

ineffablething Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I buy a box of Foma paper from them for 116 bucks. Great paper by the way. The very next week, I get their new catalog showing the same paper has dropped to 70 bucks. I'm mad and happy at the same time. Mad cos I want some money back, happy cos it'll be cheaper from now on. Stock up while you can.

2. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I would call them and see if you could get a credit.

3. ineffablething

ineffablething Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Well, I called and they were more than happy to issue a credit. Great customer service, I must say.

4. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    that's why i keep buying from them.

5. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If it wasnt $50US to get my stuff shipped to Australia from them I'd buy as well, but It's nice to sit and paw through their catalogue and dream...one day, one day...
    I havent even found another place that stocks Foma products, very impressive store.

6. srs5694

srs5694 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    There was another thread recently where it was announced that Freestyle's added new shipping options for non-US customers and for customers in Alaska and Hawaii. I don't know if you've checked pricing before or after this change or how much of a difference it would make, but you might want to investigate. You might also see if you could find some other people locally with whom to split an order; that might help bring down shipping costs on a per-item basis.

In the US, JandC stocks Foma products, and B&H offers them on a special-order basis. (I once bought some Foma paper from B&H; it arrived one day after the other items I bought from them at the same time.) B&H ships internationally, but I've no idea what it'd cost to ship to Australia. Another source is Fotoimpex in Germany. I believe they ship internationally, but I don't know what it'd cost to ship products to Australia. (Fotoimpex and JandC are partners, FWIW.)

7. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That reminds me, their $1.99 35x36 TMax400 deal is pretty darned good - cheaper than I can bulkroll

8. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow, a very imformative response to my passive complaining! I only checked freestyle at the start of the year, so I'll give it another go now, and check out fotoimpex and J&C *thumbs up* thanks very much

9. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have bought and shopped Freestyle for over 30 years and they have always been great to do business with. They are one of the fresh breaths in the photo market place.

10. Ray Heath

Ray Heath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

g'day Fleath,
    i too am frustrated by the high cost of shipping, where in Australia are you, maybe we could get together and order a load of stuff, may be we could find others nearby

as for locally available products, try Newdark in Newcastle, NSW, i've dealt with them for many years, they ship to anywhere in Oz, unfortunately their suppliers cannot fill orders for materials not now readily available in this country

11. Stephanie Brim

Stephanie Brim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yeah, my problem with Freestyle is that they don't take paypal and that's all I have at the moment. Maybe I can send them a check...

12. Sparky

Sparky Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Get a paypal atm card! They're great. I have one. You can just draw on your paypal acct at atms and use it like a regular mastercard.

13. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm about an hour out of Adelaide, in South Australia. Which means I have about two photography stores I know of that stock paper, and only one lab that'll develop slides. The main three australian stores I've looked at have been Newdark, Madsens and Vanbar, so far I've only ordered from Vanbar, as madsens seems somewhat overpriced, but newdark looks pretty good from what I've seen as well. I'll get an order of darkroom gear together with them I think, but sadly for now I'm back to being a poor student. Summer job cant come soon enough.

14. User Removed

User Removed Guest

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Not many businesses accept PayPal as a form of payment, so I might suggest just having an actual BANK ACCOUNT, where you can tranfer the funs from your PayPal into your bank. Its very easy to link your PayPal to your checking account, so when you have money in your PayPal, it goes right into your bank!