FS: 35mm Rangefinder Cameras! Konica S2, Minolta AL-S!! Cheap!!!

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by nosmok, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosmok

nosmok Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi All,

I never got around to doing anything with these, mostly because they're kinda large, and me with a new kid means I have to stay pocketable with my rigs. So Out they go! Mostly untested by me, no film run through so very cheap!

1) Konica auto S2, with f/1.8 45mm Hexanon, very well-regarded lens in great shape, apertures from f/ 1.8 to 16. Meter responds to light, seems ok, shutter speeds (1 - 1/500) sound right and measure well in "poor man's shutter tester" (Audacity freeware and built in computer microphone). Has a black half case but no strap or cap. A ding near the wind arm, otherwise nice looking. Focus is smooth, rangefinder seems all right. This camera can be used in manual mode, despite the "auto" in its name. 30 US dollars and it's yours!

2) Minolta AL, believe it's the AL-s variant, with f/2 45mm Rokkor-PF lens. Lens is very clear, no marks or scratches, apertures from f/ 2 to 22. Camera has shutter speeds 1 sec to 1/1000 sec, the latter a rarity for an old leaf-shutter camera-- the slow speeds sound good and test well (see above) but the highest two are optimistic (about 1/400 and 1/700 as far as I can tell). Cosmetics are very nice, and it has a Never-ready case and strap, with the previous owner's name in label maker tape on it. Focus is smooth, rangefinder seems good. Also only 30 damn US dollars.

Have yourself some old fashioned metal camera goodness at (as my friend used to say) crackhead prices. If you think I haven't been smoking enough rock, or too much, make an offer! Good gift for the film beginner! Can be used as weapons! Not found in stores, usually!

--nosmok

2. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    pm sent on auto S2

3. ronaldj23

ronaldj23 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    RFs for sale

PM sent on the Minolta...Ron J.

4. OP
    nosmok

nosmok Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sale(s) pending. You guys are quick!

5. tony lockerbie

tony lockerbie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have both, but can highly recommend the Minolta, I reckon that it is the best of their rangefinders.....cracking lens, especially for colour.

6. OP
    nosmok

nosmok Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey everybody, it appears I was mistaken and the Minolta is NOT an AL-s, but rather a plain old AL. I found a picture of an AL-s online somewhere and it looked the most like my camera of any. Apparently Minolta made a lot of variations in this model. All other descriptions still apply.

--nosmok

7. OP
    nosmok

nosmok Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OK, the Minolta is still here, so I'm lowering the price! 20 damn US dollars, or BO, plus shipping!! Come on, anyone out there who's old school RF curious?

--nosmok

8. Katie

Katie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fine, I'll take it. :smile: PMing you.

9. OP
    nosmok

nosmok Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Minolta sale pending. Thanks.