FS: 5 large format lenses at low prices

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Alpenhause, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here are 5 different large format lens cells for the 4x5 format:

1. 180mm f5.6 Nikkor-W Near mint, front group has some separation spots that are hard to see, they definately won't have an effect on your images $60

2.Schneider Symmar 150mm f5.6/265mm f12 convertable, filter ring dent, glass fine $25, One more Symmar 150mm f5.6/265mm f12 convertable, glass fine $35

3. Osaka Commercial 210mm f6.3, glass fine, good shape $25

4 Rodenstock 210mm f6.8 Geronar MC, glass fine, near mint $45

Payment by means of Check or Money Order preferred, direct bank deposit, Western Union

Credit card use is at my sole discretion, approval of credit card use is at my sole discretion, if approved shipping address and billing address must match, shipping cost will be higher for credit card transactions

I do not use PayPal so don't ask, I may use Google Checkout but only for U.S.A and Canada residents, No foreign credit card transactions.

Please, serious inquires only.

I am here to conduct good honest business and only want to do business with like minded buyers. It is sad that these statements even have to be here but in the past I have had ALL of the above happen repeatedly

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  2. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Another ad calling people "jack-offs"? You're losing sales with talk like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  3. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
  4. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Seems like the people that scream the loudest about me warding off potential scammeras and other time wasters could be the ones that wanted to try a scam?

Interesting how the honest folks don't take offence to the statements.

Anyway point taken, I will tone it down, but first a word about PayPal.

I do not mean to come off as rude but have found that some buyers who insist on PayPay only payment are very suspicious to me especially when there is no way in hell they are willing to pay by some other means, What am I to think? PayPal Buyer Protection? Sorry, but that is just a sick joke, real protection is your right to Chargeback under banking laws.

My policy about payments and PayPal is based on months of research on how PayPal, ebay, banking and credit card sales with additional research on how credit card scams work, based on this knowledge I have a methodology for how I handle credit card transactions.

The customer service folks at ProPay.com and Google Checkout provide the most complete and honest information on how credit card transactions work along with top notch advice on security procedures, banking laws etc.

I certainly don't wish to offend honest members of APUG but make no mistake about it I do wish to fully offend the scammers and people that cause conflict and have problems with every deal or transaction they get involved in.

I will tone down my ads a bit, Thanks! Steve I

5. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    bump

6. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nikkor 180mm sold,

Both 150mm Symmars are sold. Fujinon 150mm sold

I still have:

Osaka Commercial 210mm f6.3, glass fine, good shape $25

Rodenstock 210mm f6.8 Geronar MC, glass fine, near mint $45

Symmar 210mm f5.6/370mm f12 convertable lens, has heavy cleaning marks on the front element, may affect images, $25

7. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Lens photos

Attached Files:

8. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    bump

9. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Curious why this is in the "For Trade" forum?

Mike

10. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Still have 3 lenses left

11. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I still have:

Osaka Commercial 210mm f6.3, glass fine, good shape $25

Rodenstock 210mm f6.8 Geronar MC, glass fine, near mint $45

12. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    bump

13. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Still for sale....

14. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    bump

15. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    bump

16. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Honestly I would only buy with PayPal even as a "gift" so you don't incur fees. I'm not comfortable giving you my credit card, and the buyer protection DOES work, I was saved $550 once on a purchase of a broken camera and $250 on a lens with fungus after a seller wouldn't take it back, so PayPal buyer protection DOES WORK.

Anyway just FYI that's part of the reason, it also seems sketchy to me that anyone these days would NOT take PayPal. Just some input that could be helpful for the future.

Best,

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

17. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Oh did I mention in contrast it's been 6 months since I had a claim in for something purchased with my bank card and they still haven't refunded the $175, where PayPal had it done within 30 days...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

18. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    PayPal protection doesn't apply to "gift" transactions.

19. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Good to know! I rescind my gift offer and instead offer to pay 2.5% in addition to total cost :wink:

~Stone

20. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just don't agree with PayPal's Terms Of Service agreement.

PayPal seems to do a great job protecting the buyer.

Seller protection is almost non-existant, PayPal inadvertantly supports scammer buyers, Not that you folks are scammers! I just find myself better off not having a PayPal account anymore.

Credit card acceptance is risky enough without the heavy handed tactics of PayPal to make it worse.

I do use Google Checkout and ProPay.com for credit card transactions these outfits make a much better effort to protect the seller.

Google Checkout is easy to use like the Pal', an emailed invoice for the agreed price is just emailed to the buyer, nothing much to it.

I often receive emails from some folks in Asia that live in one country and want it delivered in another country where their "Friend" lives, and......want to pay with the Pal' Now doesn't that sound like a successful "Chargeback" in the making? ANY credit card transaction like this no matter who is the credit card processor will most likely result in a successful "Chargeback"

I have studied credit card processing extensively and have come up with my own very strict guidelines on making safe transactions a priority, Credit card transactions no matter who is the card processor are just plain risky hence I do what I can to minimize the risks.

I am sure Mr. Stone is a good honest member and if I did indeed have a PayPal account he would be most welcome to purchase using that service.

I accept payments by means of Google Checkout if you like Mr.Stone.

Anyway.....I still have the two 210mm lenses for sale.....

21. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thanks but I'll stick with PayPal, and you're not doing a very good job convincing anyone here that you are legit when everything you say is about protecting you and not us the buyer.

Thanks, but no thanks.

~Stone

22. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Greetings Dear Forum Members,

Honest forum member will take no offense to this here statement, I am not out to start a bunch of petty forum arguments.

My sincere apologies to have to post this but it needs to be posted.

I am noticing an increasing number of forum members patrolling the forum all day looking to start accusations and conflict, You Know Who You Are!
    And so do I!

Argument Masters Please Skip This Forum Thread! Thanks!

Please stop in and post if you are interested and have constructive things to say and post, We all can do without the negative accusations and insulting posts that have nothing to do with the subject at hand or frivolous warnings, Keep Moving if you are one that needs to start arguments, Don't Go Away Mad! Just Go Away! Take Your Garbage Elsewhere!

If you are troubled with the way my payment system works Just Keep On Moving! Don't post here!

People that have PayPal accounts always have Credit and Debit Cards or Money orders and Checks, I can process your Credit/Debit cards with Google Checkout and of course happily accept checks and Money Orders, directly depositing money into my bank account is super fast too. Please respect my choice not to use PayPal.

I make an honest effort to accommodate payments for people that they will be OK with, Should PayPal be the only method you wish to pay with so be it, Can't help you, Please just don't argue about it.

Forums are supposed to be useful and enjoyable, let's work together to keep it that way not turn it into a sick circus!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.