FS -Call it Macaroni - British lenses for 4x5

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by rrankin, Jun 25, 2010.

1. rrankin

rrankin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'm listing 3 British made lenses today. These first two lenses are both recommended for 4x5 but might cover 5x7. I accept USPS money orders, paypal sent as a 'gift' and paypal if you pay the fees. Will consider trades as well. % to APUG if sold here.

A third lens will be listed separately as it is for LF and ULF and probably too long for most 4x5 users.

1) Dallmeyer Dallon tele-photo lens: focal length 12"; f5.6; requires only about 7" of bellows at infinity, and only weighs 321g! (Compare THAT to your 300mm Caltar in a Copal 3... ) A flange IS included. Glass is good but has cleaning marks. Easily covers 4x5 and might cover 5x7. I don't have a camera larger than 4x5 here to check with.

In Vade Mecum, p69, " A fixed separation tele and one best corrected for distortion and stigmatism, and normally useable at full aperture. It had 2x magnification and covered a fair angle, e.g. use 12in for 5x4"

Price: $89 shipped, in USA.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) Aldis Anastigmatic, #2, 5" focal length, f6 I've had several of these over the years and they have all been terrific performers. See the VM on page 14, describing the UNO type lenses: " Series II, f6.0, 5"... for which 80 degree coverage was claimed. This was a classic UNO type design with 4 air/glass surfaces. ... Uno is a very nice contrasty sharp lens and fully usable today."

Price: $91 shipped, in USA.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll take the 3rd as its free :D

Ian

3. rrankin

rrankin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Naw, it isn't free, I'm just working up extra high fees for you Brits picking on us poor yanks again. And around the 4th of July as well!

I love your photo 'wheel shed', by the way. I'm hoping to get out to NV and shoot some of the old mining stuff with Jim Galli later this summer. I could only dream of getting one as nice as that.

Cheers,
    Richard