FS: Canon 35mm manual focus cameras and lenses

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by mjs, Dec 13, 2010.

1. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Canon cameras for sale:

Canon A-1 #1903657 in excellent condition with new battery. Shows very little sign of use which is ridiculous because it's a very nice little manual focus camera. Comes with a Vivitar 28-80 mm f/3.5-5.6 MC zoom lens also in excellent condition; actually, it looks unused. Has a front cap and a Promaster 58mm UV filter. Works perfectly, of course! $75 plus shipping.

Canon AV-1 manual focus SLR. Rather unusual for Canon as a shutter priority camera in an era when all Canon seemed to make were aperture priority! Works perfectly. Body has a little dust but is in very good condition with no scratches, dents, etc. Lens includes a Canon 50mm f/1.4 FD showing no obvious signs of use and perfect glass. Has a Tiffen 52mm UV filter and front cap. Also included is a Focal MC 28mm f/2.8 lens with front and rear caps. Serial # 643139. Comes with a working battery for $40.

Lenses:

Vivitar 28-210mm f/3.5-5.6 Macro 1:4 C/FD lens as new in box. Doesn't look like it was used much if at all. $25

Vivitar Series 1 70-210 f/3.5 Macro Focusing Auto Zoom. Fits both cameras above. $40

Vivitar 80-200mm f/4.5 auto zoom. Comes with front and rear caps. Fits both cameras above. $20

Vivitar Automatic teleconverter 2x, in case. Excellent condition. Offered for free with a lens purchase -- any lens here. Yeah. What am I going to do with it? My 35mm stuff is all Minolta! But wait, there's more!

Focal 2x Tele Converter for Canon type A mount, as new in box. Offered for free with a lens purchase -- buy a lens and chose which tele-converter is for you! You can't have both tele-converters, though, unless you buy two lenses.

Ok, so adding all this up I see that you can indulge your Canon jones for the princely sum of... (add the one, carry the two, mumble, mumble...) $200, plus shipping. Or, for $175 I'll just pack it carefully in a Priority Mail box and send it to you, shipping's on me. Simple is better, that's my motto. Today's motto, anyway.

I take Paypal or USPS money orders and ship USPS Priority Mail. So far, anyway, we've avoided the lake effect snow so I imagine our toiling, selfless mail carriers might possibly get it to you by Christmas, if you act quickly! Save me from the Canon invasion (really, who came up with that ridiculous lens mounting scheme, anyway? I can see where a third hand would come in handy.)

Mike

Note: Pics on this message are of the A-1 with it's zoom lens,

Attached Files:

2. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    AV-1 pics

Photos of the AV-1 and its lens.

Attached Files:

3. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 28mm lens and the Vivitar Series 1 lens

Photos

Attached Files:

4. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Vivitar 80-200 and 28-210 zooms

More photos!

Attached Files:

5. sharpnikkor

sharpnikkor Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    PM sent on the Canon A-1

6. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    $40 for the Vivitar Series1 Zoom is a real bargain for someone, this lens is considered to be best version the lens, it was made by Kiron and is one of the best 70-210 Zooms ever made , I have one and paid a lot more for it, and I can highly recommend it.

7. andres

andres Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think the AV-1 is aperture priority only :smile:

8. hpulley

hpulley Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, most Canon stuff is shutter priority, the AV-1 was the oddball at the time :smile: The A-1 and Program offer AV, TV and P. I really prefer the older fully mechanical bodies but perhaps that's just me... my AE-1's battery crapped out on me today while my FTbN kept on shooting, just something to remember with the A and T-series: the shutters need battery power. Still very easy to buy in Lithium and Alkaline 6V but keep a spare in your pocket to warm up in this winter, why didn't I remember that this morning???

9. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    PM sent on AV-1

10. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    All PMs so far have been replied to. Got some spiffy lenses that aren't spoken for yet!!

Mike

11. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just found a Canon Speedlight 155A, will include it no extra charge to the first camera buyer who wants it!

Mike

12. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The A-1 and the Vivitar Series 1 are sold pending payment. Thanks, folks!

Mike

13. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Santa needs to empty the last few leftovers from his bag so he can refill it for this year's crop of good boys and girls! Someone last year must have started out nice but racked up some "naughty" points at the last minute. Left are the Canon AV-1, now with a dead battery since I inadvertently and completely by accident left the switch on, not knowing about Canon cameras and all. It's going to need new seals at some point as the current ones are sticky and icky. Also gonna need new foam for the mirror bumper strip. Not hard to do and inexpensive, from what I'm told. There's also the 50mm f/1.4 FD lens on the camera, a Focal 28mm f/2.8 MC lens, a Vivitar 28-210mm f/3.5-5.6 Macro 1:4 C/FD lens as new in box, a Vivitar 80-200mm f/4.5 auto zoom with front and rear caps, a Focal 2x Tele Converter for Canon type A mount, a Canon Speedlight 155A flash in its case, and maybe the odd filter or two that's laying around without a home. All for the low, low price of $50, including USPS Fixed Rate Priority Mail shipping to the continental US destination of your choice!!! Or I'm open to fun trades: I use mostly 4x5 and 8x10 and Minolta for my 35mm. Don't be naughty, be nice this Christmas and give yourself the gift that takes pictures! Or something witty like that. It's early and I haven't had my morning Diet Pepsi yet. :smile:

Mike

14. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bump