FS (EU): Fuji GW690III (6x9 - 90mm/f3.5)

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by thicktheo, May 29, 2014.

1. thicktheo

thicktheo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am selling my Fuji GW690III. It is one of the best medium format cameras I ever used, and it has served me well, but I haven't been shooting 6x9 lately... so it needs to find a new home.

The camera is in perfect working order and has light usage marks (see attached pictures). The lens and the shutter are immaculate. The focusing ring is a bit stiff - I don't know if this is normal or not, but I do know that with such a shallow DoF I prefer it this way. The number of the bottom shows 292, so there's plenty of films to get through this camera until it hits the 500 mark.

Here are some of the photos I have taken with this camera: https://www.flickr.com/search?user_id=49856437@N00&sort=relevance&text=gw690

The camera is located in Athens, Greece, so a European Union transaction would be preferable. Price is 380€ plus 20€ tracked and insured postage to Europe - Paypal payment.

Attached Files:

2. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Hi,
    You're link to flickr doesn't work.
    Bert

3. thicktheo

thicktheo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. thicktheo

thicktheo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bump and price change: 350€ including postage.

5. thicktheo

thicktheo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bump and final price change: 300€ including postage to EU.

6. David Allen

David Allen Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    A very fair price for this camera (which generally go for 400 - 700€ on eBay in Germany).

I already have one of these cameras and I can definitely state that they are great cameras and the lens is superb.

I am very surprised that you have had no interest.

The 6 x 9 format is ideal for people moving up from 35mm as it has the same ratio and is the most economical size for standard paper sizes.

Bests of luck with selling what is a great bit of kit.

David
    www.dsallen.de

7. Prest_400

Prest_400 Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Just as David said, a great price for a very nice camera (there's the plus of seeing the results this very unit does).
    Too bad I pulled the trigger for a one on the bay, from japan, last week; Otherwise I'd jumped for this one.

8. time4d

time4d Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Great deal, pity I just bought a GW690II myself!

9. andreios

andreios Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ah, well, I think I'll have to take it...
    I'll send you a PM soon.

Sent from my i9300 using Tapatalk

10. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Thank you for that. I was thinking the same for this price, although I have a 6x9 camera (not this type though). But if you'll take it, I don't have to.
    And if you don't (for some reason) let me know. Would be nice to try one of these cameras. It should be a lot less heavy and clunky than my Mamiya RB67.
    Bert from Holland

11. andreios

andreios Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cheers, Bert! Always happy to help :smile:
    Currently I do not have any 6x9, if I will like it it would mean also getting a new enlarger (at this moment I'm only able to enlarge from 6x9, after I foolishly let go my old Magnifax), but I've been wanting to do that nevertheless...
    I am sort of falling out of love with my Bronica system - nothing wrong with the camera, just that when put together with a couple of lenses and backs it is almost as heavy as my Sinar - so there's little point in taking it out.. Therefore nowadays I am taking out either the Rolleicord or LF.. The Fuji could I think offer a solution in between. :smile:

12. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    For traveling light I use my Bronica RF645, but that would be half frame to this camera :D
    And I recently bought me a beautiful 40 mm lens for my Bronica SQ-B.

13. thicktheo

thicktheo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello to all, thank you for your interest, the camera has been sold outside APUG, I am sorry I didn't log in straight away to state this.

It is indeed a magnificent camera, and I'm only selling it because I prefer the 6x7 format and the wide-angles. I already have a Pentax 6x7 but I also wanted a RF camera, so I got a Mamiya 7 with the 65mm.

On a sidenote, I will probably be selling my Bronica SQ-A system, too - a full system including camera, grip, three backs, WLF, prism, chimney finder, 50mm, 80mm and 150mm lenses. Don't know how to price it just yet, but if anyone is interested, drop me a message.