FS/FT: Agfa Optima Ia / Agfamatic Ia - absolutely stunning condition! (with case)

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by LowriderS10, Feb 6, 2011.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi guys...

I got this (and another) camera today, as a sort of impulse buy. Then I got home and realized that it's not really something I want.

The camera is an Agfa Agfamatic Ia (which is the Canadian version of the Agfa Optima Ia, making it fairly rare, since it was only sold in Canada under this name). It has a 45mm f2.8 lens on it and I must admit I know nothing about the camera...however, as you'll see in the pictures it is in absolutely stunning shape. Quite frankly, aside from the case where someone had cut out a chunk for the winder, I can't see anything wrong with this camera. It also has the brightest chrome I have ever seen on a camera. It actually shines like chrome. It even has the original "Agfa Isopan" sticker on the inside of the back cover.

I do not know anything about these cameras, nor have I had the time/chance to test it with film, so it's being sold AS IS with no guarantees. However, it appears to be 100% functional and mint. There are a few things I can tell you about it:

- The viewfinder is very bright and clean.
    - The red/green "Magic Eye" (which tells you if there is enough light to take a picture) works perfectly.
    - All functions appear to work properly: the shutter winds and releases, the "R" for release button does what it's supposed to (releasing the roll when you're done), the aperture gets bigger/smaller as you adjust it, the film counter can be turned by hand (to reset it to zero, so it's obviously not stuck), etc.
    - No fungus or scratches on the lens
    - Anything that's supposed to "click" into place (aperture ring, places on the ring when you're focusing), do so accurately and with a feeling of firmness (ie: it feels like new)

I'm not entirely sure what it's worth, so I'm open to fair offers, OR I'd be very happy to trade this camera for Canon FD lenses or cameras, Soviet (Smena, Zenit, Zorki) lenses or cameras, or other rangefinder stuff. Try me with your cash or trade offer, I'll probably take it

Cheers,
    Tamas

And now for the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MORE:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/LowriderS10/Stuff For Sale/IMG_1318.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/LowriderS10/Stuff For Sale/IMG_1323.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/LowriderS10/Stuff For Sale/IMG_1324.jpg

2. Perry Way

Perry Way Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. JessicaDittmer

JessicaDittmer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    pm sent

4. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Perry: Thanks for the info and link, I saw that while I was researching on it as well, pretty cool piece of history...

Jessica: Thanks, PM'd you back as well :smile:

5. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    SOLD to Jessica! :smile:

Thanks...on my way to the post office to mail it!

6. Karl K

Karl K Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Not quite the first automatic exposure camera in the world.....

....The Kodak Super Six-20 is accepted as being the first camera with automatic exposure, introduced by Kodak in 1938, long before this Agfa was introduced.

Attached Files: