FS/FT: Majestic Tripod (Socal)

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Trade' started by Fixcinater, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fixcinater

Fixcinater Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Fairly large Majestic tripod. Too heavy/bulky to ship. General Dynamics asset tag number, so it has some local history. I'm in San Diego and make it up to Fresno every so often, so if you're in LA or Bako, we could probably get you set up. One of the legs is missing the lowest portion, and it needs an afternoon worth of new grease and clean up (probably not in that order).

What do you have?

Attached Files:

2. heterolysis

heterolysis Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have one of these and love it. Very sturdy and nicely built. I carried it for ten days on a backpacking trip...weighed more than my backpack :D

3. ntenny

ntenny Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The image of OP using a 127 camera on this monster tripod is sort of wonderful! :smile:

I have one as well (thanks to mhcfires, who found a good deal on a couple of them) and it is one hell of a tripod. But I've never taken it further than the patio, and that requires hooking up a team of oxen to move it---I can't imagine backpacking with the thing.

Mine mostly gets used for 4x5 and 5x7, and both cameras are enormously overmounted on it. Sometimes I wake up in the night and hear the tripod whispering to me from the hall closet about how much it wants me to match it up with a nice 11x14 camera...

-NT

4. Fixcinater

Fixcinater Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Bump with an image for ntenny.

Also, I looked closer and it does *NOT* have any of the lower leg extensions, so it will only go about waist high. I thought the legs were tucked up inside the uppers but as far as I can tell, they are not.

So...considering the condition and lack of lower legs...send me a reasonable offer of 120 (expired OK) and it's yours. I want this gone sooner than later so if you are at all interested, let me know.

Attached Files:

5. Fixcinater

Fixcinater Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Bump for 120 film trade in SoCal. I'm heading up to Bakersfield area reasonably soon so I could lug this along if you are on the way.

6. Fixcinater

Fixcinater Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Bump. Anybody able to put this to use? Just want it gone...and will donate it soon.

7. Fixcinater

Fixcinater Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    This will be donated at the end of this week if no one can collect it.

8. ww12345

ww12345 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ever make it to the Central Coast? (SLO area... Don't know if you take the 101 or the 5 north...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.