FS kodak medalist I circa 1945 plus filters and film

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by goldenimage, Aug 7, 2013.

1. goldenimage

goldenimage Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    up for sale is my medalist I 6x9 rangefinder, I bought this off the bay a while back untested as a matter of fact it had a roll of film in it that Kodak quit making in 1974 so it hadn't been fired in at least 39 years, anyway I got it and ran a test roll through it, it works great the shutter sounds good and the rangefinder is accurate as well. I have shot about 5 rolls through it and the exposures are spot on. the camera comes with a hood and 3 filters, deep red, yellow and green. the lens on the medalist is the 100mm ektar which is a heliar design and very sharp. I will include a couple of rolls of acros 100 plus an extra 620 spool. 175.00 plus shipping paypal preferred will post pictures tomorrow.

2. goldenimage

goldenimage Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    here is a picture of it,

Attached Files:

3. dtheld

dtheld Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Gas strikes again. PM sent. Let me know if you received. Let's say sold pending payment.

Dave

4. goldenimage

goldenimage Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    sold pending payment

5. dtheld

dtheld Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Payment sent.

Dave

6. goldenimage

goldenimage Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    camera is sold, thanks Dave

7. jmccl@yahoo.com

jmccl@yahoo.com Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cool Camera!

That is one cool compact 6X9. Thankfully it's been sold - my gas was really building up. Wonder if that could be converted to 120?

8. dtheld

dtheld Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    They can be converted. The problem is that a conversion is extremely expensive. I've heard that it costs about $350 to $400 for the milling out, etc. For now I'll stick to re-rolling 120 to 620. An old Foldex 20 is great for that.

9. dtheld

dtheld Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Medalist arrived today. It is in great condition. However, this is a real beast. 3+ pounds of American metal. Worth every penny of the price.

Dave

10. goldenimage

goldenimage Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    thanks dave for the feedback, they are great cameras, I used to have a medalist II a few years back, liked it a lot but the medalist I was just as good and I really liked the fine focus wheel on the medalist I that the II didn't have but the medalist II had flash sync which I never used. when you contacted me about buying it I had just about decided to keep it lol. glad you bought it though and are going to use it, I didn't use it as much as I should have. thanks again for the nice feedback and enjoy your American Leica.