FS LEITZ FOCOMAT ENLARGER, TWO CARRIERS

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by herb, May 17, 2012.

1. herb

herb Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a nice modern color head Leitz focomat with two carriers, I listed here about a month ago. I priced it a $500, which is a steal, considering the filmstrip carrier alone cost $250.00.

Serious offers considered. Shipping would run about $75, IMHO.

Photos on request, although you can probably find them on this site from the earlier listing.

2. Bill Harrison

Bill Harrison Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    leitz focomat

....It was "photos on request" then too.... imagedowser@gmail.com, which lens if any and what year of production? Thanks, Bill

3. Field

Field Member

New or old? The new ones have awful film carriers (I'd make my own if I knew it'd cost me $250 to get an original).

4. Arkasha

Arkasha Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Just curious - what makes a Leitz negative carrier worth $250?

5. herb

herb Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Leitz Focomat photos

Ok, sorry about the photos:

Best of my knowledge it is one of the last made, and the negative carrier is glass both sides, I would think making one would be really difficult.

Please let me know if you need more info. I also have a book of instructions for it, may be a photocopy, but I think actual hardbound book.

contact me at herbcunningham@gmail.com, saves time.

Attached Files:

6. Field

Field Member

It is a really nice enlarger though. I totally dig that adjustability. Very easy to work with. The carriers are just hard to keep film straight in (or get loaded straight). They need something that helps keep it aligned that is optional. I forgot about the glass in them.

7. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I love my V35 enlarger. Spendy to fix, but my how easy it is to make a nice print! 35mm only, though, but for those that love the smaller negatives, it's a jewel. Its autofocus works great too!

The lens is a nice and sharp 40mm Focotar f/2.8. Nothing miraculous, but a really good lens.

8. Field

Field Member

They don't wobble so damn much like a lot of enlargers that use a rail system for changing picture size.