FS:Nikon 50mm f/1.2 Ais

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Xia_Ke, May 28, 2010.

1. Xia_Ke

Xia_Ke Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm sure I will regret this, but I have been shooting almost entirely with my 28-85mm lately, so this is just sitting. I've also been wanting something small and light to carry around, so I have decided to put this up for sale to fund a high end p&s. I'm going to rate this at a KEH BGN condition. The cosmetics are excellent overall, however, it does have a couple minor imperfections. First, there is a small dent to the filter ring. It will still take a filter though, but it takes a try or two to get it on. I have always just left a UV on it and stacked filters as needed. Second, if held in just the right light, you can see a couple tiny coating imperfections on the front element. When I say tiny and "in just the right light" I mean exactly that. You have to really look to see it, but it is there so I want to mention it. I have shot all kinds of b&w, color neg, and slide film with this and it has never posed a problem. Other than that, glass is clean and clear. Finally, there is a stiff spot in the focus. It is only in the close range though, from 0.5-0.6 meters. It is still definitely usable but is noticeably stiffer. Aperture settings are snappy and blades are clean. Includes both caps. I will also be including a Nikon HR-2 collapsible rubber hood and a Nikon CL-31 hard case. The lens hood is in excellent condition. The case is UGLY. It is a definite beater on the outside, but plenty protective inside. Great for throwing in the backpack.

KEH had a Bargain condition one last week for like $364 IIRC. I'm asking $350, including Priority Mail shipping in the US. International, please contact me for rates. I'm also open to trades, full or partial, for a Nikon 35ti, Contax T2/T3, Yashica T4, or others???

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
  2. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    drool drool

3. Jaems

Jaems Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Keep it. You'll be sorry....

4. Xia_Ke

Xia_Ke Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Jaems,

I'm sure I may very well end up being sorry. However, I really can't even use it for what it was designed for. I spend so much time on the computer between work and school and then also reading textbooks that I've been having a hard time being able to focus in low light situations. These times are mostly just messing around with friends while going out, so I thought a nice AF p&s would be a good trade off.

5. Xia_Ke

Xia_Ke Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have had a few inquiries about the history of this lens. I can only assume that this lens was dropped at some point by a previous owner. The condition stated is the condition I purchased it in. Other than the issues noted above, I have had no problems at all with it in the year or so that I have had it. I have not noticed the focusing being off at all either, but have not done any sort of ruler testing for absolute accuracy.

I'll drop this to $325 shipped in the US. I will also throw in a roll of film and offer a 7 day refund policy. Try it out for a week and if you don't like it, send it back and I will refund minus shipping charges.

6. Xia_Ke

Xia_Ke Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sold pending payment