FS - Nikon F4s, 50mm 1.4, focussing screen

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Colin Corneau, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I hate to sell one of the best 35mm cameras ever (including one of the finest metering systems) but I'm moving more and more to medium format.

Camera body, lens and an extra focussing screen (F) are all in fine shape. No dings, mechanical problems, etc.
    The meter is bang on, as I used this camera to shoot most of my Kodachrome stash last summer...the few subsequent B&W rolls I shot since are also spot on.

The nice thing about the F4 is you can get matrix metering with non-AF lenses.

The lens is the AF 50mm 1.4 -- clean and works well with the F4's AF (or use the camera's rangefinder to confirm your manual focus.)

Asking $300 for all of it. Paypal is fine if you add the fee, money orders nicer. 3% to APUG of course.

Attached Files:

2. njkphoto

njkphoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Why are you doing this to me????? I was on a market for an F5 or a clean F4 but I couldn't find anything and I ordered and F5 2 days ago. Nice looking camera but never used one. Does the F4 have Aperture/Shutter Priority?

3. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It does, yes. And in a 'classic' format too ie. dials, not LED interface.

I used the camera (not this one, but another) during my newspaper film days...it was a beauty. I'm basically selling to either get more into MF or else get one lighter 35mm body (as opposed to 2 or 3 heavier ones).

4. Denis R

Denis R Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    trade? I've got 13oz. for you!

willing to trade a well used [not beat up or scratched] excellent working condition N75!
    comes with fresh batteries [less than 5 rolls of film] and a roll of film [polypan f]

Ken Rockwell gave it a favorable review http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/n75.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010
  5. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey Denis
    Thanks but I have a different camera in mind for my simplification...think rangefinder.

6. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sale pending...

FWIW, it seems this camera is actually the F4e, because it has the larger MB-23 battery pack, which accepts either AA's or a special Nikon NiCd battery that's still available new.

7. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    STILL AVAILABLE

Haven't heard word, nor payment, from potential buyer so this one is still open, folks.

That's US$300 plus shipping, for clarification's sake.

8. FM2N

FM2N Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    PM Sent

9. unohuu

unohuu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Put me in line for this combo if sale does not go through. I am looking to replace an ailing F4....soon!

10. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    FOLKS -

You may call me a chiseller for this, but it's pretty clear I'm underselling this camera. I'd like to change the price to US$400 plus shipping for the same combo.

I think it's still fair. Feel free to disagree but keep in mind I'm nice to small animals, donate regularly to charity and recycle paper and plastic.

11. ulysses

ulysses Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hmm. Just saw this and would have definitely gone for the $300 price. Raising the price on an unsold item is, um, odd. Would you consider somewhere in between?

12. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I think it's fair, considering a 50 1.4 is in the mix...it'd be odd to undersell it.

13. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When a seller has a high price and the item fails to sell, its the same as if the seller has purchased the item. I always like to deal with ready, willing, and able sellers and avoid the "I would rather keep it than give it away" wannabees. However, I understand, if you feel its worth a certain amount, then ask that. When it doesn't sell and rather than lower the price, you raise it, you look foolish.

But then again, its a free country.

14. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yes, one is free to speak as ignorantly as one wishes to. The fact is, I've had lots of interest in this item and could have sold it right away. I chose not to, which is my choice and right, and offer an item at a price that is still quite fair. Apologies if that gets any knickers in a twist.

But hey, thanks for the bump. Tire-kickers do have their place.

15. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ha ha, well Collin, you said “Feel free to disagree but keep in mind I'm nice ….” But then you post “speak as ignorantly” when any disagreement is posted or were you meaning yourself? :tongue:

Anyway, glad to bump if it helps, and more power to you. I would like to see values go up on everything as a seller.

16. unohuu

unohuu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    YOUR GEAR COLIN...I have no issues with the change. Wish I could still afford it even at the $300 price right now. My time will come.

17. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks, Luke...much appreciated.

18. tmbg

tmbg Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format

Problem is, he didn't raise the price because it failed to sell... he raised the price because people wanted to buy it. I've tried three times now to buy it from him. Thursday when he "relisted" it, I was ready to send him money, but he wanted me to wait a few days so he could get a shipping quote.

Ah well, I guess if a deal sounds too good to be true, it must be.

That's how my luck's run lately. Last week I responded to a craigslist ad for a m645 proTL outfit for $400. I drove 30 miles to meet the guy, and on arrival he told me someone else had offered him $500 and I'd have to match that price if I wanted it. Some people just have no sense of business ethics.

19. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sad but true. The thing is, on eBay a seller pays to sell and is far more motivated to do so. Rules may be broken but the history follows you.
    Anyway, I was curious about prices and checked "Sold" on the bay, anywhere from $100 on up. Some dogs, some looked mint. Might be your best bet.

20. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Fotch, I'm not sure what your problem is with me but your attention is unwelcome and is hurting the camaraderie of the board. Please ignore me and I'll return the favour.

21. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    CAMERA IS SOLD

Thanks one and all, and apologies to those upset by what have you.

22. CRhymer

CRhymer Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Hello All,

I bought this camera from Colin over on the LFPF. It arrived today as described. I was going to buy it for $300.00 when it was first listed, but I dithered and dithered and finally Colin adjusted the price. So, to my great relief, I now own a $400.00 kit rather than a $300.00 kit.

By the way, it works flawlessly.

One happy customer!

Cheers,
    Clarence in -30C windchill Fort Smith, NT, Canada

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/nt-17_metric_e.html