FS: Nikon Special just for APUG participants...

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Jon Goodman, May 22, 2013.

1. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Response to the other special deals has been okay, but I'm still a long way from being able to replace or even repair "the widowmaker" (please see the Minolta special deal for details about my gas grill). In fact last night I had to cook a couple of little steaks on a small Farberware stainless grill we've had for years. Not that it is a bad thing or a bad way to get steaks cooked, you understand. It works fine, but it is primitive and not nearly as pleasant. Sort of like reading about having a girlfriend as opposed to actually having one.

So...the deal: re-seal your Nikon in time for vacation. Impress your family with a talent they never knew you had, impress your friends and co-workers with the genuine film pictures you've taken and let your vacation have at least one honest connection to your childhood memories (unless your childhood memories include riding to Del Rio, Texas in the back of a 1959 Chevy station wagon without airconditioning...in July). I think most psychoanalysts who actually graduated will agree it isn't healthy to preserve those memories.

If you have a Nikon FM, FM2, FM2n, FE, FE2, FA, EM or FG no matter where you live, put $8 in my hand...if you're in the USA mail a check or cash or a money order to the address I'll give you when you send an email to: jon_goodman@yahoo.com If you're in another country, send a PayPal payment to the email address I'll give you when you send me the email. It is that simple. Tell me which model you have, give me your address & I'll give you mine. The kit will be on the way to you as quick as you can sing "johnjacobjingleheimerschmidt...his name is my name, too." See there. I do have some memories about my childhood worth keeping. This offer is good while 20 kits last and please limit yourself to 3 kits or offer me obscenely large cash bribes under the table.

Jon

2. dakine

dakine Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I will send you an email for an fe2 kit.

I have bought kits for my F2 and RB67 from Jon and they are excellent. The quality of the seals and the instructions are first class. Highly recommended.

3. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks very much for the compliment! By the way...the Nikon kits (like the others) won't come with instructions so please remember to ask for these by email.
    Jon (jacobjingleheimerschmidt)

4. Cold

Cold Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    This is awesome.

Jon, you're a class act. I still need to send you mail (if I ever find the screw I need matched on my Yashica), but if my FM2n didn't already have good seals, I'd be all about this!

5. zsas

zsas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I don't even own a Nikon but am pondering this deal.....nothing better than a Goodman seal kit!

6. 2bits

2bits Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jons seal kits are the best!:smile:

7. xisbrat

xisbrat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    This is a no-brainer. Top quality seal kits from the original kit "inventor". I'm ordering 2.

8. Jammoh

Jammoh Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Just reading your post alone is worth the 8 dollars! I'll take two for the FE2!!

9. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks very much for the nice and complimentary comments, guys!
    Best regards,
    Jon

10. dorff

dorff Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jon's the real deal, guys. I got my kits across the Atlantic in just a week. I couldn't imagine a nicer person to deal with.

11. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks! I couldn't imagine a nicer compliment and I'm glad to hear postal service was so prompt.
    Jon

12. ambaker

ambaker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jon, you ever do kits for the Pentax 67?

So far, I'm Nikon free... :sad:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

13. NedL

NedL Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    email sent for FM2n kit
    Thanks!

14. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I still have a few Nikon kits, and if they all sell, I'll just make more. "The Widowmaker" otherwise known as the John Dillinger of barbeque grills (aka the cast aluminum boom box) is still perched atop the two sawhorses waiting to see if it wins or if I win.

The Pentax 6x7...yes, I do have kits for this one. Actually this one was a challenge and I solved it by placing the 4 groups of seals (mirror damper, door slots, hinge, film door edges) into tiny paper envelopes to segregate them. Why? It was confusing even for me. The camera had been designed so that some seals were 1 mm or less shorter than another similar but not compatible seal in another group. So you would have had to deal with measuring each seal (length, width and height) before you installed it to be sure you were not making a mistake. All in all, not a difficult camera to re-seal but one with several seal pieces and a few pitfalls. Please contact me if you want a kit. They're $12 delivered in the USA or $12.10 delivered to any other country.

Best regards,
    Jon