FS: Nikonos III Body

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by rthomas, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Here is a Nikonos III body that I bought solely for the lens it had mounted. I have a Nikonos V as well and don't need this camera. It appears to work; the shutter fires, the winder works, the viewfinder is nice and bright and I don't see any corrosion. Having said that, I have not put any film through it. I can't get it to close up either, so possibly there is some part or process I'm missing (literally or figuratively!). It functions very differently from the Nikonos V. I know that the lens has to be removed from this camera before it can be opened, so that's not the problem. It will only close up without the body o-ring seated. Otherwise it's in decent condition.

2013-06-29 16.33.56.jpg 2013-06-29 16.33.51.jpg 2013-06-29 16.33.45.jpg

Checked out the auction site and prices for this body are all over the map, from $10 to $100+ depending on condition (or "rarity" as stated in some ads). So, for $20 I will put the camera and strap as shown here in a small priority mail flat-rate box and send it anywhere in the US. I can do PayPal, MO, check, or cash. Thanks for looking and let me know if there are any questions.

2. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    don't the camera and shell just press together like the earlier models?

3. mds721

mds721 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pm sent

4. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes, that is how this camera wants to go together... but the O-ring I have, which came with the camera, prevents me from joining the two pieces up securely. I can only close the camera completely with the body o-ring removed. I was just listing that detail in the interest of full disclosure.

5. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.