FS: Olympus 35 SP Rangefinder

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Jon Goodman, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Olympus 35SP rangefinder. One of Olympus' premier rangefinders, in fact and a treat to use! Has a small ding or two and evidence on bottom plate of having been carried in the wrong case (screw rubbed the chrome off). Missing the shutter button collar, but this doesn't affect the use of the camera at all and could be replaced by a clever owner. Meter works, note: spotmeter works, lens (42mm 1:1.7) is bright and clean (actually one of the best I've ever seen), viewfinder is nice and rangefinder patch is bright, action is nice, shutter is also nice. Focus is smooth, easy and quick. Works fine at all speeds (1/1 through 1/500) and so does the aperture. Please remind me and I will re-seal it before sending. $55 plus actual shipping cost.

PayPal ok for international buyers but cash, check or money order for domestic buyers please.

If questions, please ask.
    Jon

Attached Files:

2. Brian Legge

Brian Legge Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I'll take it if it is still availible.

If you are still selling light seal kits let me know - I need a few (I'll check which specifically once I'm home).

3. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Brian,
    You're the first person to respond, so it is yours. Yes...still selling the kits. When you're at home, please let me know what is needed. If you'll PM your address, I'll get this ready to mail and Monday we'll know the shipping cost.
    Jon Goodman
    9153 Loma Vista
    Dallas, TX 75243

4. Brian Legge

Brian Legge Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    PM sent. Thanks

5. JeRuFo

JeRuFo Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    That is a fantastic buy. My mom had one of these for about four decades until she dropped it in some muddy water and it was beyond repair. This was the first real camera I used, the light meter broke about 15 years ago, but because it reads in EV, I was quite good at guessing exposure by then and used it for quite a while without any meter. Fantastic lens, quality i couldn't match with my first slr back in the day.

6. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I agree entirely...another camera I hate to part with, but nobody said this downsizing stuff would be fun.
    Jon