FS: Olympus XA1 ... the only one

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Jon Goodman, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've only owned one XA1 and this is it. A friend of mine bought it brand new (about $127 as I recall) and traveled all over South and Central America, France and Italy with it. I traveled over much of North America with it. So 2 owners took it all over the world and you can now buy it including the owner's manual (which is needed to explain the intricate operation of the XA1). I used it for a few months back in 2003 while working in a remote area, and that is the last time it was used. The selenium meter is terrific if you don't want to worry about batteries, and this one seems to still be doing its job just fine. The red flag comes up for underexposure and the lens stops down as expected for low or bright situations. This is in my mind nearly a perfect no-focus camera. You never worry about batteries, the meter or focusing. You point it at anything 5 feet or more away from you, and presto. A fine picture. Still looks very good for all its traveling. Lens is 35mm 1:4, clean as new. I never re-sealed this one as it never leaked light for either of us. $30 plus actual cost of shipping.

PayPal ok for international, check, cash or money order for domestic USA please.

Jon

Attached Files:

2. danfogel

danfogel Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I love the stories you tell with your listings.

3. kbrede

kbrede Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    PM sent.