FS: Pentax ME Super 50mm 1.4, ME 50mm 1.7

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Klainmeister, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Ok, the liquidation continues (bigger fish to fry at the moment).

First up is a Pentax ME Super with the 50mm 1.4 lens. The body is in pretty darn amazing shape considering it's age and believe it or not, there ain't a spec of dust in the viewfinder. Shutter works accordingly, meter is fine. Ran some film through it out 3 months ago, no issues. Now I know some claim the 1.7 is sharper, but I am personally not convinced. I love that 50mm 1.4 and with the large viewfinder, it's a dream to use. The only wear on the lens is there's a bit of paint scraped off from filters being threaded on and off. $80?

DSC_0339.JPG DSC_0341.jpg DSC_0342.JPG DSC_0343.JPG

Second is a Pentax ME (not super) that's a bit rough. The hot shoe was damaged and taped, and the body has some signs of wear. I replaced the light seals though, which it needed badly (thanks Jon Goodman!). The 50mm 1.7 is in fine shape, sharp as a tack. The ME Winder I works fine--although it never liked the Super for some reason). The viewfinder has a scratch towards the top of the frame and a bit of dust. It's a workhorse camera. Good for teaching. $50?

DSC_0344.jpg DSC_0345.jpg DSC_0346.jpg

2. elekm

elekm Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I'll send a note about the ME Super.

3. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think the Super requires the ME Winder II, IIRC.

4. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yeah, I think that must be it. Either way, it's so small without it, it's almost moot!

5. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yep, I have a couple of Supers. I never was interested in one, as I don't shoot on auto, but the camera sort of charmed me the first time I handled one. It has a great viewfinder and is so tiny by itself it makes a great walk-around camera, and with the winder is a great handling package. And ME Winders II's are easy to find and inexpensive (KEH right now: $11 BGN, $21 EXC+) for someone who wants one.

6. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    If no one wants the beat up guy, i might get the 40mm 2.8 and have a pocketable SLR. always wanted one of them.

7. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    ME Super and 1.4 sold! Thanks Elek