FS: Rare Komura 152mm f3.5 with Copal No1 shutter

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Trade' started by Alpenhause, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here is a rarity, I looked all over the internet one day for a picture of one of these lenses and only found the Komura original specs listing.

The 152mm f3.5 Komura lens on offer is in near mint condition with almost no signs of use, perfect glass and shutter.

This lens will work in a Polaroid 110B/900 4x5 conversion on a 900 body, rangefinder can be re-calibrated to suit this lens with about a 4 foot min focus distance. This is a routine conversion service I offer, 10 years of experience in Polaroid 110B/900 4x5 conversions.

Why would this lens need to go into a 900? the 110B just does not have enough room under its hood for this large lens, remember, we are fitting a Pinto with a 429 cubic inch big block V8 and trying to close the hood here, (LOL!)

I am seriously considering building a 900 4x5 with this lens as it would be an excellent candidate for hand held 4x5 photography, Mega Bokeh! there is a bit of an inconvenience in that being mounted on a Polaroid 900 one will need to unscrew its really large front element out of the shutter and stash it safely away before you could fold up the camera. so I decided to leave the decision of which camera this lens is destined for up to you film camera enthusiests out there. Don't forget, you always have that option of mounting the lens on other cameras in your collection, this lens can be pulled out of the 900 4x5 anytime and the focus/rangefinder calibration will not be altered.

$500.00 plus $20 shipping for USA, foreign is more

Payment by means of Check or Money Order preferred, direct bank deposit, Western Union

Credit card use is at my sole discretion, approval of credit card use is at my sole discretion, if approved shipping address and billing address must match, shipping cost will be higher for credit card transactions

I do not use PayPal so don't ask, I may use Google Checkout but only for U.S.A and Canada residents, No foreign credit card transactions.

Serious inquiries only, please.

I am here to conduct good honest business and only want to do business with like minded buyers. It is sad that these statements even have to be here but in the past I have had ALL of the above happen repeatedly.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  2. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Beautiful lens... but the ad is a bit abrupt. Asking for "serious inquiries only" is a far better way than to call some people "jack-offs". It's beyond rude and trodding pretty deeply into verbal abuse territory. I was interested as a "serious buyer" until I read your ad.

3. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ummm... me too, and I'm within driving distance to do a cash deal. Too bad.

4. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. Øyvnd:D

Øyvnd:D Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    This lens was sold on ebay from Hamburg, Germany 5. sept. with exactly the same pictures . . .

6. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The seller here was quite happy to buy from outside the US, a sale that required Paypal but he's extremely rude about selling and won't take Paypal.

Ian

7. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ian, did he call you a jack off and a scam artist too ?

8. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Obviously there is a preference for US sales, otherwise he would have included "wanker" in the list of potential buyers. :wink:

9. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ^^^ LOL!!

10. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council

Shooter:
    Large Format
    And what's with the "shipping costs will be higher for credit card transactions"? That sounds a lot like "Pay my PayPal fees" (which is a clear violation of PayPal's terms of service). Back in the day, you could charge different prices for cash or credit, but between marketplace pressures and terms of service, I don't know that you can do that anymore (might even be illegal).

11. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you guys really wanted this lens so bad, why didn't you bid on on ebay? The lens I have came from Los Angeles years ago and I still have the receipt.
    PayPal is a broken company and I do not agree with their Terms Of Service agreement, PayPal is a well known Trouble Maker, Yes! they work great! untill..... someone that knows how to manipulate their system manages to get free goods, face it, accepting credit cards has its risks no matter what service one would use. I use Propay.com and Google Checkout to process some credit card transactions, people that want to pay by credit card must have a really good reason for doing so and it is at my sole discretion to accept the payment or not.

I do not mean to come off as rude but have found that some buyers who insist on PayPay only payment are very suspicious to me especially when there is no way in hell they are willing to pay by some other means, What am I to think? PayPal Buyer Protection? Sorry, but that is just a sick joke, real protection is your right to Chargeback under banking laws.

My policy about payments and PayPal is based on months of research on how PayPal, ebay, banking and credit card sales with additional research on how credit card scams work, based on this knowledge I have a methodology for how I handle credit card transactions.

The customer service folks at ProPay.com and Google Checkout provide the most complete and honest information on how credit card transactions work along with top notch advice on security procedures, banking laws etc.

I certainly don't wish to offend honest members of APUG but make no mistake about it I do wish to fully offend the scammers and people that cause conflict and have problems with every deal or transaction they get involved in.

The lens has been sold, I wish I had 3 more of them because I have more buyers than lenses!

I will tone down my ads a bit, Thanks! Steve I

12. Richard S. (rich815)

Richard S. (rich815) Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thing is the scammers and such do not
    give a rat's ass what call them while the rest of us find the colorful and almost accusatory language on the offensive side, as you can see.

Set your terms as you see fit to best protect yourself and be factual about it without the color. Then ignore the messages from the scammers. You obviously have your antenna up and know how to watch for them.

13. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If that's the case why were you using photos lifted from a more recent ebay sale ? That's fraudulent and a total dceipt.

Ian

14. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can't argue that PayPal has its problems. I don't like PayPal either. But the sad truth is they had their foot in the door early and took the industry by storm. Then... eBay bought the company and... the rest is history. I had my mind made up for months that I'd never again deal with PayPal. To my great dismay I've had to give in. Unless others agree to relatively new processes then we're stuck with those necessary evils. Live with it or miss sales... your choice. Do what you want with your sales. Frankly, I don't care. Just don't come come to a high quality benevolent forum such as APUG and espouse rude BS.