FS: Rolleiflex MX Type 1 just back from Harry's

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by mjs, Jan 10, 2013.

1. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Own the brand of camera used by photographic luminaries such as Imogen Cunningham and Robert Doisneau: the Rolleiflex. This is a model MX Model 1, serial number 1226464, made sometime in the period 1951-54 and it's just back from Harry Fleanor at Oceanside where both shutter and film transport mechanisms were repaired. It has the coated 75mm Zeiss Jena Tessar lens with no scratches or marks and very little dust on either taking or viewing lens. I ran a roll of Tri-X through it yesterday and developed the negatives last night and they looked great. There are some places on the viewing hood where it looks like the paint was touched up and the usual minute scratches on the chrome from use but it's still a pretty camera and will be very impressive when you take it out to photograph with. Comes with an original Rolleiflex instruction booklet, the receipt from Harry and a nice little calendar Oceanside slipped into the box. $450 plus shipping and you can't go wrong with this classic medium format TLR.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  2. OP
    mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    More pics!

Some more pictures.

Mike

Attached Files:

3. jp498

jp498 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You probably mean 75mm tessar. A wonderful camera; I don't need a 2nd though.

4. elekm

elekm Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hey, just a friendly FYI. The photos show a 75mm Schneider Xenar (not an 80mm Tessar, which would make this a different Rollei model).

5. OP
    mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fer cryin' out loud, you'd think I could get it right... Yes, sorry: 75mm lens.

Mike

6. Richard S. (rich815)

Richard S. (rich815) Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great price for one done recently by Harry.

7. loman

loman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi This isn't an MX, this is an Automat type 4! (Have one as well, and it's my favorite rolleiflex of all time, and I've used the 2.8c and 2.8d as well).
    Good Price

8. OP
    mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    According to online sources, model designations vary according to authority. For this serial number, Evans calls it an MX type 1 while Parker designates it as an Automat model 4. Another source calls it a Rolleiflex 3.5 A. So we're both right, I guess!

Mike

9. elekm

elekm Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Also, to repeat my earlier post, your photos show a coated Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar, while your description says the camera has a Jena Tessar.