FS Schneider 135mm Companon-S Enlarging lens

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by summicron1, Oct 14, 2012.

1. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have no use for this lens, which is Mint, like new, in the original box with the original caps, flawless glass, just lovely.

The Schneider Companon-S is one of those dream enlarging lenses. B&H has them on its web site (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._039569_135mm_f_5_6_Componon_S_Enlarging.html) for $700-plus right now.

This one, interestingly, has the original price tag on it which says $217. So, tell you what -- If that's what it's worth, that's what it's worth, I'll let it go for a mere $200, which means you are buying a 2012 lens at a 1980 price. I'm also willing to entertain sane offers.

Money talks, first $200 to my paypal summicron12000@yahoo.com gets free postage anywhere in the continental US AND I donate $10 to APUG (overseas i gotta get some postage, sorry).

sch lens1.jpg
    sch lens2.jpg
    sch lens3.jpg

thanks, Charlie Trentelman

2. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OK, how about $150. Same deal, I pay postage on Continental US, I make $10 donation to APUG, you sit back and get a really really really really really nice lens delivered to you by a uniformed representative of the United States Government.:tongue:

3. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    can't believe this isn't flying out the door at this price. bumpity bummp bump!

4. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    come on you guys, don't make me beg PLEASE!!!!

5. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You have misspelled it so people think you are selling a 4-element lens ("n" and "r" look similar on my monitor).

6. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Correct Speling, from the box: Componon-S 5.6/135 Normal

But the name in the picture Componon-S is spelled correctly because Germans know how to spel a lot beter than I du.

did I mention the box and lens caps are included free, no extra charge?

7. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    sigh! OK, $140. same deal otherwise.

ct

8. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    several people have asked -- it takes a 50mm jam nut that i don't have, or you screw it into a lens board with that large of a threaded hole, such as the Durst the other one in my basement is on. Adorama has the jam nuts for $14.50 http://www.adorama.com/RDJN50.html

$130 to compensate for the jam nut issue?????

here's adorama's ad for the same lens, only newer. Note the astonishingly higher price from Adorama-- it is amazing they're not coming after me:blink:.

http://www.adorama.com/SR604ACN.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  9. Robert Ley

Robert Ley Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have one of these and you are correct in that it is an excellent lens for 4x5. From the second image of the lens it looks like it may have a mild case of "schneideritis" This will have no appreciable affect on the images made with this lens and it will work as intended. My example has the same thing and I have never noticed a problem. Good luck with your sale.