FS Velostigmat 9 1/2 in Triple convertible

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Simon Benton, May 14, 2010.

1. Simon Benton

Simon Benton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Velostigmat Triple Convertible 9 1/2 inch f6.3 in an Optimo 3 shutter. Listed as covering wholeplate (I used it on 5X7) but there are reports that it covers 8X10. Glass is in good condition with some scratches on the front and rear elements. Shutter and aperture blades open and close smoothly and are oil free. Actual speeds are shown in the photos. One odd feature on T and B - when shutter is first cocked and fired it fires at around 1/25 - on the next cocking it works perfectly on T and B. I do not know why and it happens on another Optimo 3 I have. I just got used to using it this way.
    Front element alone is 21 1/2 in and rear element alone is 16 1/2 in. The aperture scale shows for all 3 focal lengths and is a little hard to read with my old eyes. I just used my loupe to check the aperture setting. Includes the mounting flange which are so hard to find on the Optimo - took me a year of searching to find one and it was expensive.
    Great classic lense and there are a number of posts on them - look at CameraEccentric under Wollensak 1919 lenses to read further on these lenses.
    $125.00 plus shipping plus Paypal fees of 3%.

Attached Files:

2. Simon Benton

Simon Benton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Velostigmat

How about $115 including shipping to the contiguous USA by small air parcel. These are great lenses.

3. sharpnikkor

sharpnikkor Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    PM sent

4. Simon Benton

Simon Benton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    SOLD