FS: Very nice Ikonta 520/2, TESSAR!

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by summicron1, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:17 PM.

1. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Up for your consideration is a very nice pre-war Ikonta 520/2, originally European (metric focus, european tripod mount) -- so you can imagine, as you use this camera, that you are photographing history -- German troops marching off to invade Poland or annex the Sudatenland, or something similar. It was there -- it could have happened. ikonta test_0001.jpg ikonta test_0002.jpg ikonta test_0003.jpg ikonta test.jpg Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 9.32.23 PM.png

Seriously, this is a very good camera, as you can see from the pictures which I shot with it yesterday on Fuji Acros 100 -- the only issue is the Compur shutter is draggy on the slow speeds, but the higher ones -- 1/10 and up -- sound usably close. If you want to use it much a service would be in order, but as it sits it works very well, as the attached pictures show.

The lens is a nice uncoated Tessar 4.5, and it goes all the way down to f 32. The bellows are tight and supple -- I just gave them a rubbing with Neatsfoot Oil and polished the camera up, so it is a lovely presentation piece. Includes a generic leather case, very nice.

And all for a measly $85, which is what the auction site seems to think these are worth. That includes postage in the US.

Ain't that a kick? If Lomography sold this it would be made out of plastic, would include light leaks as a feature and be made in Ukraine and cost $300 -- but here you get it in metal and leather, German optics and light-tight for a measly $75 plus $10 postage!

First money to paypal takes it -- send me a note, email, whatever --
    Charlie Trentelman
    summicron12000@yahoo.com

Ogden, UT

2. OP
    summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ... aaaand it is outa here. Thank you!

3. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow - good deal. I love those train photos. I've got a book about EMD diesels, their history, and which also includes design drawings of the locomotives from the E to SD.