FS - Whole Plate Eastman #1

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by rrankin, Nov 4, 2010.

1. rrankin

rrankin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    FS - Whole Plate Eastman #1

[​IMG]

This is an Eastman View #1 whole plate camera. I've been using it indoors for a few months but there are issues with it. Takes lens boards of approx 4.75" square. With included extension rail, the max length is about 26".

Known issues: I've been using this for a while indoors but not fully extended with no problem. I extended it just now and did the 'flashlight test' and there are pin holes, so I've lowered the price. I was talking to DIYBellows before he left the country for a few months, but didn't have time to get the bellows kit for this. The price was around $85, I believe.

The handle was worn and unreliable, so I removed it. There is a ground glass clip missing (see photo). The front rise works sometimes and not other times. It needs to be taken apart so the cross bar can be re-set. Probably the camera body should also be rolled off, rails cleaned, and re-set. There is a piece of the side rail missing (see photo). I replaced this with a 1/8" x 1/8" piece of wood and glued it in. The local hardware store couldn't come up with nails or screws suitable to affix the wood in a more permanent fashion and the glue didn't hold when the full camera weight was pushed against it. This is a simple fix if you have some small screws or tacks that can go in there. Or, have more sense than I do, and just roll the rear of the camera off that spot when you stress it...

[​IMG]

Price: $175, USPS money order. Shipping will probably be $15-18. Paypal +4% of entire amount. Trades/offers also considered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rrankin

rrankin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    temporarily off the market. Will be re-listed with updated info.

3. rrankin

rrankin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    sold