FS: Yashicamat tlr with Lumaxar lens.

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Chrismat, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrismat

Chrismat Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am reluctantly selling my Yashicamat tlr with Lumaxar lens I purchased from a fellow APUG member about a year ago. I have been storing 220 film and I need a tlr that can use 220. Mark Hama is currently doing a cla on a Yashicamat 124 I recently purchased and this will help pay for the cla.

The serial number is 57110014, and like I mentioned, it comes with the well regarded and fairly rare Lumaxar lens which was made in Germany for Yashica. It is a very sharp lens, as sharp as any tlr I've used and I've used Rolleiflex and Rolleicords. The lens is clear with no fungus, there is some internal dust but it doesn't affect image quality. I've never had the shutter speeds tested, but they sound accurate. Bokeh is very good due to 10 aperture blades. Self timer works, make sure you leave the flash synchro lever set to X when using the self timer!

I flocked the internal lens/film chamber to reduce and practically eliminate internal flare which is a problem a lot of Yashica tlrs have. The rear leatherette behind the viewfinder has some minor peeling.

Comes with original Yashica lens cap and a leather case. The rear left side of the leather case needs to be re-stitched (see photo 4).

$185 via Paypal or postal money order includes shipping in the U.S. PM me for an international shipping charge.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  2. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Of all the Yashica TLR's I've sold, this is the one I miss most. It is a super deal at this price. BTW, the Lumaxar is a tessar design, and better than any other lens Yashica used.

3. danfogel

danfogel Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have one of these that Mark Hama made into a new camera. This is a great camera. Someone needs to buy this.

4. tessar

tessar Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ditto.

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's so tempting . . . . . . but no more TLR's I've bought an MPP Microcord, a Rolleiflex Automat, and a Roleicord III to use this year !!!!

Chrismat, you've done well, I agree about Yashicamats suffering Internal flare - I'm sure some competitors models do as well. The images show what's possible with the camera and that says it all.

Ian

6. Chrismat

Chrismat Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bump.

7. Chrismat

Chrismat Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bump.

8. Chrismat

Chrismat Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dang. I thought for sure the camera would be sold by now. I'll lower the price to $175 which includes shipping in the U.S. PM me for an international rate.

9. Chrismat

Chrismat Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.