Fuji 35mm E-6 mailers discontinued?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Hal Reiser, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Hal Reiser

Hal Reiser Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've been trying to place an order for Fuji 35mm E-6 mailers and have suddenly found that they unavailable from a variety of sources. B&H, Adorama, Hunt Camera, and Amazon show them as unavailable. A quick check of the Fuji USA website brings up a "Requested page unavailable" screen. Has anybody heard anything more about this?

Hal Reiser

2. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Marvin

Marvin Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well if its gone it was a good deal while it lasted. Probably about half price of other E-6 processors. I have a 5 pack that I haven't used yet and I had hope that it would last. I also noticed that they were not in stock at most places.

4. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you are looking for a dirt-cheap processing option, I would recommend Clark Color Labs. All of their E-6 gets sent to Dwayne's, and it only costs $3.95 plus $1.75 shipping per roll.

5. BRPhoto

BRPhoto Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The mailers in the USA are not discontinued and the loss of Sensia is not going to directly affect them. A re-vamp of the offerings with the mailer coming I believe.

6. Hal Reiser

Hal Reiser Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A friend of mine called up Dwaynes to check and they told him that they had not heard anything regarding a discontinuance of the mailers. They did mention that they had a number of calls from people about the lack of the mailers availability. BRPhoto is probably right. The last batch of mailers I purchased were branded for Sensia. It probable that Fuji wants to issue newbranded mailers since the discontinuance of Sensia. You would think that they might coordinate the issuance of new mailers so as not to disrupt the supply chain. At the same time why have a USA web page that is unavailable. If the above scenario is the case what is so difficult to have a page with this information about the change and an approximate availability date.

7. M.A.Longmore

M.A.Longmore Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi BRPhoto,

Welcome to APUG !
    You didn't think I would notice ?

Ron

From The Long Island Of New York,
    And The Macro Management, and Long Island @ Large Format APUG Groups

8. B&Wpositive

B&Wpositive Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just got back a roll of Sensia 400 from Dwayne's sent in via mailer. Record time; 5 days.