Fuji 450C F/12.5 lens for 8x10 Large Format?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by timlayton, Jul 1, 2011.

1. timlayton

timlayton Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been successful with my 300mm Fuji lens on my 8x10 adventure so I am looking at something in the 400mm to 450mm range. I found a Fuji 450C f/12.5 and wanted to check with the group here to verify this is a good lens choice. It has plenty of image circle so that won't be an issue. I am wondering about size, weight, sharpness, etc.

Thanks

Tim

2. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Go for it, i use the 450c quite a bit on my Ritter 8x10/7x11 - no complaints. It is small, not much different than the 300. Good sharp lens.

3. JLP

JLP Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As Mike said, go for it. It is a very desirable lens. Tiny and a good performer. Ground glass will be a little dark but the results you get with this lens will make you smile.

4. Sparky

Sparky Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would recommend the Nikkor M 450 over the Fuji- the fuji is do dim as to be nearly unusable in my opinion. But the Nikkor is much more manageable compared to the 480 Symmars and Sironars.

5. Adrian Twiss

Adrian Twiss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use a Nikkor 450M on my 5x4 - in combination with a small top hat extension. I can vouch that this is a first rate lens. Its quite a heavy lens (compared to my others) but my Walker Titan can "take the strain" with ease.

6. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I own both the Fuji 300C and the 450C. The two lenses look the same, you have to read the model to tell them apart. They both use the same filters as well. It's one of the three lenses I carry and it works great.
    I'm in Burlington, Ontario if you want to try one out.

-Rob Skeoch

7. eclarke

eclarke Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I have the Fuji and the Nikkor. The fujinis great on 8x10 and the Nikkor is a little greater. The Fuji is a nice, tiny lens..Evan Clarke