Fuji 680

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by GoGo, Nov 11, 2006.

1. GoGo

GoGo Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi,
    I have been shooting with my 680 since new, it is the original (series 1?). Lately I have not been using it much and the battery died, no problem I ordered a AA pack and left one slot blank. In the mean time I have sent my original battery pack out to have the case opened and fresh NiCads put into it.

Well I got the original battery back and it will not charge, the Fuji charger is not doing anything, no indicator light, nothing. The battery seems to go into the slot OK a little tighter than usual but it slides in and out OK. The wall socket has power, I poped open the charger and it seems OK, no broken wires.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be wrong? I'll call the battery place Monday, but in the mean time if anyone has any idea please let me know?

Thanks,
    G

2. GoGo

GoGo Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    contact

Well I kept on playing with it and finally saw that the battery positive contact plate was depressed and not striking the charger plate. I bent it out.
    NOw I hope it takes a charge...
    Thanks,
    G