Fuji Bromide Rembrandt V

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Bobby Ironsights, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Bobby Ironsights

Bobby Ironsights Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Anybody use this stuff? I admit to being a little starstruck with fuji, and I've read that bromide papers are slow but nice.

90 bucks Canadian a box of 100 of 8x10 is no joke for paper though.

2. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    where did you find it?

3. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  4. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Gee, that's cheaper than what I pay here in Japan (8x10" 50sheet box for 6,000 yen or 60USD now). It was 5,000 yen last year, but from this month there's a price increase of 10-20% on paper and film. Over here there's no 100 sheet box for this paper in this size for some reason.

Anyway, I have been using the G2 version of it. It's a grade #2 paper without filters, but works as VC/MC with filters, and I like it. I think I have posted a few comments before, but it has a character somewhere between Ilford MG FB and Agfa MC FB. The paper is a creamy white and is rich in black, and the paper coating is very smooth and silky.

5. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I used this paper a couple of years back ,, nice paper but getting it into Toronto was extremely expensive.. I would use it if Fuji brought it into NA.