Fuji color film??

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by GRHazelton, Jun 25, 2013.

1. GRHazelton

GRHazelton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Out of curiousity I went to Fuji Global http://www.fujifilm.com/ and Lo and Behold! There were listed both flavors of Velvia, in all sizes including bulk rolls, both flavors of Provia in all sizes including bulk rolls. Six flavors of negative color film were displayed, in limited sizes, no bulk. However ..... no BW films appeared, and there was this little zinger " * Some formats and packaging may not be available in your area. Please consult with your local Fujifilm distributor for details. "

So, I clicked on a link "for US customers." Ecch! No BW, only three negative color films, only in 35mm. I've sent an email asking if we in the US can buy bulk Velvia. I'd think that the US would be a good market, wouldn't you?

2. GRHazelton

GRHazelton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My response from Fuji USA

I got a really rapid answer from Fuji, but not very informative.

Dear George,

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM North America Corporation. Please allow us to assist you.

Please be advised that FUJIFILM does not sell products directly to consumers. However, for information regarding setting up an account with Fujifilm, please contact the Sales Department closest to you.

Western: 1-800-326-0800
    Midwest (southern): 1-800-927-3854
    Midwest (northern): 1-800-877-0555
    Northeast: 1-800-659-3854

We sincerely hope this information has been beneficial to you. If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. It would be our pleasure to assist you again.

Thank you for your interest in FUJIFILM products and services.

Respectfully,

Diane
    Authorized Customer Care Representative
    Customer Care, Imaging Division
    FUJIFILM North America Corporation
    Email: contactfuji@fujifilm.com

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM, <grhazelton2@hotmail.com> wrote:

Name: George Hazelton

[I've removed some personal info that Fuji wanted]

Additional Information: Your global site lists those wonderful reversal Velvia films in many sizes and formats, including 100 ft bulk rolls. Provia is there, too, in many sizes. Negative color is also shown as available in many sizes and formats, but not bulk rolls. As one who shoots 35mm and 120 this was wonderful news. But, following your link to the US site, only 4 different negative films, only in 35mm format, are shown. Is it possible for us in the US to buy bulk Velvia? It seems to be available elsewhere, and the US would seem to be a good market.

Product: Film

So, I didn't really get a substantive answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  3. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Better remove your private address,etc. from the copied email above.

4. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Fuji is infamous for bad communication both internally and with its customers. If you see it in the shop, you can buy it. That's about all you can go on.

5. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    yeah, if you can't buy it online from the major players, you're not going to convince fuji to stock it. The 90's are over.

6. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    PS B&H do grey imports. Just because Fuji USA doesn't stock it (e.g. Acros) doesn't mean you can't buy it.

7. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    I did sent an email to Fuji HQ over here in Europe asking about their X-Ray Green HRT film.
    They replied almost immediately by mail and contacted me by phone 2 days later to really help me.
    I was very pleased with them.
    See also: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/119173-using-fuji-x-ray-film-green-hrt-negative.html

8. clayne

clayne Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  9. donkee

donkee Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you find a way to import 100' rolls of any transparency film count me in for a few rolls.

10. cmacd123

cmacd123 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Aviphot 200 is apparently going to be sold in 100 ft rolls. in Germany. not sure of a US distributor.

11. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That Aviphot Chrome 200 is available in 100" length from two sources:

-) Maco under the designation of Rollei Digibase CR 200 (here we got a lengthy discussion at Apug about some of these films from Maco having a yellow cast)

-) Wittner-Cinetec under the designation Wittner Chrome 200D

12. GRHazelton

GRHazelton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So then, if you can't already buy it Fuji won't stock it? Sounds like a Catch-22, doesn't it.

13. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fuji has different marketing strategies for it's products in different country s around the World, there are loads of posts already on this subject on this site.