Fuji FP-100C45 Gone?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by ambaker, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ambaker

ambaker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is it my imagination, or has Fuji also exited the 4x5 peel apart business? Sigh...

2. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think they still make the black and white 3000 speed film. Color is discontinued in 4x5.

This played heavily in my recent purchase of a 405 back for the 3.25x4.25 film. (That, and the fact I have a Polaroid back for my 645 Pro and this way I only have to stock one size instant film. Oh, and the slightly smaller film is about 1/3 the price of the 4x5.)

3. Marc B.

Marc B. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The generally accepted word...yes, it does appear that production of 'color,'
    FP100c45 has ended. End of production of the FP3000b45 was announced last SEP.

No one has been able to provide a URL link to a Fuji statement, but seemingly reliable sources have
    been privy to direct communication from Fuji representatives, stating the 4 X 5 equipment has been idled.
    You had better stock-up now for any future projects using the 4" X 5".

The smaller, 3.25" X 4.25" is still being produced in 100 speed color, and 3200 speed b&w.

As stock of 4" X 5" instant dwindles, I wonder if sellers in Japan may have larger stocks?
    http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/index.php?cPath=32&osCsid=6b11e4f7c8928e07ddd13fb38e891980

4. tjaded

tjaded Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have no OFFICIAL word, but my distributor has it listed as "End Of Life" which means if you want some, get it NOW. I kind of wonder if they held back the news so dumb dealers like me would keep ordering the PA-45 backs. Guess I'll get stuck with those!

5. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow, the black and white was axed before it, huh? Didn't know that.

Helen B. (not Helen Oster, sorry for the confusion!) has posted here that it is discontinued. Give me a minute and I'll find the link.

EDIT: Here it is, and she does say the 3000b is gone too:

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1353007

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
  6. Helen B

Helen B Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Roger, you have me confused with Helen Oster from Adorama. I'm Helen Bach - just a commercial photographer who uses a lot of FP-100C45 in the studio (to proof for 4x5 E100G shots). I got the news directly from a Fuji film rep last October - he said that there was enough in stock at Fuji for 18 month's normal demand, less if people panic bought.

Best,
    Helen

7. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oops! Sorry Helen - I only knew one Helen who seemed to know a lot about product availability. Apologies for the confusion.

Oh and if "Hell's Kitchen" is a real place, I just took it as a metaphor for somewhere in New York, so it even seemed to fit! :wink:

But never the less, this stuff seems to be going away.

8. Brian C. Miller

Brian C. Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format