Fuji GSW 690 II wind lever stuck

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by roadster55, Aug 7, 2013.

1. roadster55

roadster55 Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Got my hands on a Fuji GSW 690 II and was running a test roll through it. Everything was working fine and at the end of the roll was doing the last few strokes to disengage the film from the supply spool. The film disengaged right at the end of a wind stroke but after that the wind lever would not return back to a neutral position, it got stuck at the far right end of the stroke (see pic).

photo_c.jpg

This thing feels like a tank so I did not think there was a danger of overwinding. Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick fix or is this professional job? Thanks.

2. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not sure, I luckily have not had happen, and my cameras are so far trouble free. I am guessing if you remove the bottom plate, or maybe the top plate you can see where its jammed up. What I have read online says its only a few screws, and a locking collar ring around the wind lever thats holding the top plate on.

If anyone has a copy of the repair/service manual I would love to have a copy, just in case.

3. jmccl@yahoo.com

jmccl@yahoo.com Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. Sahebnazar

Sahebnazar Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This happened to me once on my own GW690II. Sent it out for repairs. Turned out it was a problem with shutter being jammed, which in turn, blocked the mechanism for arming. The camera had been dropped, however, which doesn't seem to be your case...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
  5. roadster55

roadster55 Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions so far. Yes, it looks like 4 screws and the collar ring will get the top plate off but man, that collar ring is hard to get a grip on. Having said that, with a closer look, that ring has seen some past action (scratches, grip marks) so while I've not dropped the camera, perhaps this is not an isolated incident.

Repairman it may have to be since I just got it. Not had much luck with my last few used gear purchases.