Fuji GX680III not firing/ film holder problem?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by enricovic81, Sep 17, 2012.

1. enricovic81

enricovic81 Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Medium Format
    Regarding the FUJI GX 680 III.

I have a problem with it, I own the Mark III, bought it some months ago but never tried to use it. Just yesterday I did it, but when I switched the camera on, the battery shows that it is fully charged but the green light blinks and the exclamation mark blinks too.

If i try to fire the shutter the camera will buzz a sound twice.

I do not see any ibfo on the film holder regarding which camera part might cause the problem, so i do not know exaclty what to do. I just also noticed the film back is not the Film Holder IIIN, but an older versions, but I was told it works also on the GX680III

Can you help me with these,

Thanks in advance

2. jars121

jars121 Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Multi Format
    Hi Enrico,

I actually received my GX680III yesterday, so I'm still very much learning myself. Have you removed the darkslide from the film back prior to pressing the shutter release? I experienced the exact same warning noise as you, which goes away and allows the shutter to fire once the darkslide has been removed.
  3. tnabbott

tnabbott Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Medium Format
    Guys: the dark slide is a likely cause. Like most modern medium format cameras, the GX680 will not engage the shutter if a dark slide is still in. Some cameras like a hasselblad 50x will just not fire. The GX680 provides a lot of feedback and will blink lights and make sounds. Nonetheless, it is probably something as simple as that. Good luck!