Fuji Instax Mini coming to the US!

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by vdonovan, Aug 5, 2009.

1. vdonovan

vdonovan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've had a Fuji Instax Mini instant camera for about a year now and I love it. The only drag is ordering film on Ebay from Japan. The larger Instax film has been available from a few outlets in the US, but not the mini.

I saw today that B&H Photo in New York is accepting orders for Instax Mini film, at a price much cheaper than Ebay! I am SO stoked. They'll be seeing a big order from me soon.

If you haven't played around with an Instax Mini, they are a lot of fun. They are great at parties and kids absolutely love them. I think it's a great way to get kids into film-based photography, creating the idea that photographs can be individual works of art, not just infinitely-copyable bits.

2. thebanana

thebanana Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It can also be purchased from the Lomography Store in NYC or via their online site.

3. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I hate to brake it to you, but it has been in the US since January.

4. mweintraub

mweintraub Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Fail

5. dwdmguy

dwdmguy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    So, you can please share ?

If you have the Fuji Instax Wide what is the differences with the Mini?
    I LOVE my Instax. Fun and since I really enjoy fuji films it has the, when used in a specific way, the overexposed Sat look?
    Thanks

6. hardyvl

hardyvl Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
  7. xya

xya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    the instax wide photos are about twice the format of the mini. the mini is meant to be in portrait mode (62mm H and 46mm W), the instax wide has the same hight (62mm) but is 99mm wide. the instax wide camera is quite big. I have both since a year, they are a lot of fun. the mini films are not only half the size, they are also half the price. and the smaller mini camera is easier to take along. so I use it more for fun purpose.

both are quite simple plastic cameras. I would wish a better camera to come, the film is ways better than the old sx70 stuff (the impossible stuff is not really ready yet). and by the way, this was already mentioned: the new polaroid 300 camera is a branded instax mini.

reinhard