Fuji Negacolor + Portra film

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by jumanji, Dec 12, 2013.

1. jumanji

jumanji Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Does this combination produce good result?
    Thanks in advance.

2. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is Negacolor the developer? Unlike black and white, C-41 is a pretty standard process. If the chemistry is fresh and the processing is done correctly (time, temp, agitation, etc.), it should work fine.

What's your greater concern or what are you trying to do?

3. jumanji

jumanji Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Yes it's the developer. I have some Portra 400 in sheet. A friend of mine can process them for me and he will use Fuji Negacolor. However I've heard some negative feedbacks from Portra users who process in a lab which also uses Fuji Negacolor. Not sure if the problem is due to the developer or the scanner. Therefore I'm seeking for someone who's done this combination to see if it has good (or maybe bad) result.

4. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    as said, c41 is pretty standard. have a sheet processed in kodak, fuji, freestyle, etc and see if you can tell which is which. By the looks of the "diy color" group on flickr, the majority of folks don't know what they're doing. I'm in no way saying I do but I do follow directions pretty closely.