Fuji Superia 100 availability?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by B&Wpositive, Aug 21, 2009.

1. B&Wpositive

B&Wpositive Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  2. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Temporary issue I'm sure. The 200-speed film has nearly identical grain so if you're in a pinch, use it instead. The only practical difference is the need to use faster shutter speeds and smaller apertures.

3. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think the 100 is more saturated? I really can't see this being rare yet.

4. Jeff L

Jeff L Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Last Superia 100 I bought was at Walmart, but that was awhile ago.

5. clayne

clayne Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Because it's out of stock? Relax. :smile:

6. Nightfly

Nightfly Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I believe Superia 100 CN in 120 has been replaced with Reala 100 CS. Could the 35mm stock be far behind? I had B&H show back ordered E200 (120) a few months ago. The stock never returned as E200 in 120 has been discontinued.

7. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Today I went to Calumet and the stuff they had on there website as Superia Was Fujicolor 100 in there store, Superia 100 is gone for the Global site but clicking on it's datesheet gives me the Superia 100 sheet, I'm not sure if this is just rebranding I'm confused, because Fujcolor 200 is a film that's been around for a while and is an inferior film to Superia 200. Also while Fujicolor 200 is something I have seen in the shops for years (and still do) it's not on that website.

8. guyjr

guyjr Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a few rolls of Fuji CS120 Reala (120 format) film at home in the fridge, and just noticed that this film doesn't seem to be available anymore. Has it been discontinued? I don't see it listed on any of the Fuji sites either (at least not in 120 format).

9. Nightfly

Nightfly Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Adorama and East Coast Photo have Reala 120 in stock. I see it "temporarily unavailable" at B&H. I would say, get it while you can. The Reala spec sheet shows 135 only. Must be on its way out. A nice film.

10. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There's been no notice at all about Reala being discontinued in 120, and by everything I've heard it's quite popular in that format. It's available at all my usual spots, so I don't see why there's any reason to assume it's on it's way out? If you're really worried, contact Fuji.

11. Nightfly

Nightfly Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You may be right about Reala, but I take little stock in notifications. Kodak discontinued E200 in 120 last summer and there was no notification. Their web site shows it's available. Try finding some, it's gone.

Why Kodak announces some and not others is beyond me.

12. bob100684

bob100684 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    This is a response I got from fujifilm when I asked about reala via email:

13. Nightfly

Nightfly Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Bob, I know I can get it 135. Was your question to Fuji specific to 120 Reala? Going back to the E200 scenario, its still available in 135, but not in 120. Perhaps this is why Kodak says they have not discontinued E200.

This shows Superia Reala (CS) available in 135 only:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/consumer_film/color_negativefilms_35mm/superia_reala/

We've seen this before with Superia 100 (CN). It's still available in 135, bt no longer produced in 120. A few outlets may have a few rolls left. Freestyle, B&H, and Adorama do not have any in stock. Adorama show's that "This item is currently back ordered from the Mfr. We have no estimated time of arrival for this item "

So the Fuji rep was correct, they do not have plans to discontinue Superia Reala. In 135.

Of course, I could be wrong.

14. bob100684

bob100684 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Unfortunately I used the fujifilm USA feedback to ask that question. I'm pretty sure reala has only "officially" been available in the US in 35mm never 120, note at B+H at least you can get USA or IMPORTED 35mm, but only IMPORTED 120. It couldn't hurt for someone to email fuji using a regional web page where reala 120 is available.

15. AlexG

AlexG Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format

Here's the same website from 2008:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080408131951/http://www.fujifilm.com/products/consumer_film/color_negativefilms_35mm/superia_reala/

I dont think fuji has ever listed the 120 version of Reala on the consumer area because they consider it a "professional" film due to its format (120).

Here is the professional film page (only in Japanese though) and it lists Fuji 120 Reala ACE at the bottom of the page. It looks like the whole lineup of the Reala films are still in production.

PS:
    Here is a page that lists the 35mm "consumer" version on the Japanese site.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
  16. guyjr

guyjr Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yep, Reala is still in production, but only available in the U.S. by importing (from the UK, Japan, etc). Someone else posted on another forum about getting it from the UK, which I checked out -

Reala 100 120 5 pack
    http://www.fujilab.co.uk/catalog/reala-pack-p-187.html

Superia 400 120 10 pack (single packs also available)
    http://www.fujilab.co.uk/catalog/superia-10pack-p-154.html

Then with shipping I think the Reala works out to about USD $30, so $6 / pack - not too bad if that's our only option.

17. Leighgion

Leighgion Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Things have drifted a bit here from the OP's actual question. It wasn't about Reala.

(Non-Reala) Superia 100 does seem to have vanished from most sources. Adorama lists "Fujicolor 100" in stock, but not Superia-labeled stuff. Branding change? I don't know, but the shortage of the Superia name in 100 is widespread enough to be worthy of note.

18. mr rusty

mr rusty Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  19. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  20. Nightfly

Nightfly Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Old Superia was designated "CN". The new Superia-Reala is designated "CS". The older CN has been discontinued and was the original subject of this thread. A few outlets seem to have some CN left as well as fleabay. The last production run had expiration dates in 2010. I would be willing to try Reala (CS) if I can get my hands on some.