Fuji TX-1 (Fuji XPan) Repair in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Panoramic Cameras and Accessories' started by Jeremy, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Has anyone had to get a Fujifilm TX-1 repaired in the U.S. and where have you sent it? I'm not sure if I am to send it to Fuji USA or if I have to fork over $$$ to send it to Japan for repairs. Or does anyone know of an independent XPan repairman?

It has what appears to be a small oil deposit on the shutter curtain and sometimes when the curtain closes it will not close up all the way and the camera locks up.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I can't call Fuji USA until Thursday to see if they will repair it (of course, I am not planning on getting fixed under any warranty) as I am at work past their hours of operation and figure on a lengthy period of being on hold.

2. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can ask my local repairperson if she'd work on it. I know she services most modern 35mm SLR cameras, and owns an Xpan herself. I'll probably run into her after work tomorrow when I stop by the camera store on my way home.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Scott!

4. agfa100

agfa100 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jeremy,
    I have not used them but give them a call, I think they can take care of your problem. Plus I just ordered Vol II, thanks for the work on that.....

NIPPON PHOTOCLINIC, INC.
    920 Broadway, Suite 705, New York, NY 10010
    Tel. 212-982-3177 Fax. 212-982-1715
    Call: Casey Akagi