Fuji USA Repair Center in New Jersey - Recommended

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Pioneer, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just thought I would throw this out for general information. I accidentally damaged my Fuji GF670 recently and could not reset the lens focus to infinity, which obviously meant that I could not retract the bellows.

I contacted Fuji USA by phone on August 6th. The contact on the phone was very friendly and helpful, and though he was not able to help me fix the problem on the phone, I did come away with the address where I could ship the camera. I shipped the camera on August 8. As soon as the camera arrived the people at the New Jersey repair were in regular contact to provide me with status updates, and I had a status page that could be accessed on-line anytime I wanted. The camera was repaired and I received it today, August 23.

I just loaded a roll of Kodak Portra 400 and will be out shooting again this afternoon. I consider this to be exceptional turn around time and I am very happy to have my camera back. Based on my experience I can certainly recommend Fuji's US Repair Center.

2. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good for Fuji! Glad you got your GF670 back in action.

How did you damage it?

3. Ken Nadvornick

Ken Nadvornick Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As a fellow GF670 owner who is extremely happy with his camera, this is very reassuring. Thanks for posting.

Ken

4. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Lawn chairs, GF670 cameras with open bellows, and descending derrieres are not compatible. I'm sure you can form your own image from that. :whistling:

5. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It is particularly reassuring since none of the Fuji Authorized Repair Centers I contacted (two of them) were approved to work on the GF670.

6. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Brutal!!!

7. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Now if they could just get their film division to communicate...