Fuji

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Markok765, May 20, 2006.

1. Markok765

Markok765 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    How can you process Fujicolor supirera xtra 400 in d76 stock? what are the times? results?Any special things that i should know about?
    Marko

2. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If I am not mistaken, D76 is a B&W film developer and Fuji Supreia is a C41 film stock.

Is there a particular effect your trying to achive?

3. Markok765

Markok765 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Just a b&w neg. my camera store is having a sale

4. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Supreia is a C41 film color film, are you sure it is not another film you are talking about? At least Supreia was a color film when I worked in the photo lab, it was always processed in C41 color chemistry.

5. Markok765

Markok765 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I know its a color film, id just like to do some crossprocessing and see what i get.

6. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh, Okay, that was what I asked to begin with, is if you were looking for some different effects..

Sorry

7. Markok765

Markok765 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    So do you know how to do this? ive heard expose +1 dev as tri-x. is this right?

8. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have not done any cross processing in about 20 years, taken the current stock of chemistry, I don't think my information would be accurate, you might want to do a search on cross process, I know it has been discussed around here quite a few times in the past.

9. George Papantoniou

George Papantoniou Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Since the film is on sale, you won't lose much money by testing a couple of rolls and see what you get by yourself. It's the most reliable way of knowing...

On the other hand, if you want some really weird effects, you can try developing in D-76 and then in colour dev and blix. This is called film acceleration, you rate the film @ E.I. 800 or something and you get really strange colour effects. Wash well between the two developers.

10. htmlguru4242

htmlguru4242 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ok, i've done some cross processing of this type, though not with this specific film. Processing times seem to go from 6 minutes to 9 minutes, with 8 being about right for most films.

I'd try 8 minutes as a starting point, but you'll need to experiment.

And George, what is this you say abt. film acceleration? Sounds interesting ... do explain, please ...