Fujibro Paper

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by mooseontheloose, Jun 29, 2009.

1. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, I'm back in Japan after leaving it four years ago (but before I got into B&W printing). The Tokyo Yodobashi 'annex' store of mostly film and darkroom stuff (next door to the really big Yodobashi flagship store) was a great experience, although for some reason film is sold in yet another building. Noticed that Sensia is now Sensia III (was it II for a while? It's been some time since I used it).

Anyway, I noticed that it had a lot of Fuji B&W enlarging paper called FUJIBRO WP (AM, FM, and KM versions). Graded. Both fiber and rc. I plan on buying a few boxes (whatever my carry-on can handle) before I leave Japan in a couple of months to try back home, but I was wondering if anyone knows anything more about it. Is it an older brand that's been around for a while, or is this something new? I've tried doing a search but not much comes up except for flickr images. If it's on the Fuji website I can't find it. I'm a bit limited in my searching because I'm paying for all of my internet usage at the moment.

Basically I'd like to learn a little more about this paper so that I can make more informed choices when I go to buy it. I'd like to buy a little of everything (including the rembrandt paper) but I will definitely be limited by size and weight when I leave so will have to make some hard choices.

2. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format

3. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Paul. The place I'm checking my emails from won't let me open it but I'll check it out as soon as I have access to my own computer.

Anyone have any experience with it? Any different from the current offerings from Ilford and Foma?