fujica something...

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by darkosaric, Jul 27, 2009.

1. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I just saw in city one guy had some very interesting rangefinder. It looks similar like yashica lynx 14, I saw something like fujica VI, or fujica V... I am wondering which kind of camera was it...and was it good one :smile: ? It looked very robust :smile: I am sure that here are couple of guys who knows it :smile:

regards,

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thought I had the adverts here (Turkey), but they are back in the UK in 1958/9/60 copies of the BJP Almanac. For some reason Fuji didn't advertise in 61 which is in front of me :D (I may have copied them I'll look).

Fuji were pushing very hard in Europe in the late 50's their rangefinder camera's were superb and they had SLR's, they offered a very FULL range of products film, chemistry, state of the art cameras, their adverts make Kodak look very backward - they were still selling Box Brownies - unbelievable.

Ian

3. DannL

DannL Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Fuji sold an model called the V2, with a selenium-cell auto exposure control. I worked for an outfit in the middle 1960s which used them for shooting chromes at various conventions. They held up to hard use fairly well, I was told.