Fujichrome Mailers to go to Dwayne's

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by copake_ham, Jul 6, 2006.

1. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've been shooting Fujichrome for quite a while and have always used their mailers for processing.

I just got this notice with my latest batch of slides....

2. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'm not surprised. I think we are going to see more consolidation in the future for film processing. Personally, Calypso Imaging gets all my E6 work.

3. Earl Dunbar

Earl Dunbar Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So now I only need to make up one address label, whether it's Kodachrome or E6!

4. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Earl (Trius),

Yes, as Monty Python would say:

"Always look on the bright side of life!" :D

BTW: I'll let you pass word on to our old friends on the other channel - I'm not allowed there anymore.

Regards (and where's my cheese? :smile: ).
    George

5. TomWB

TomWB Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is that PO Box 637 or 837?

Thanks for the heads up....I usually send a batch of 8-10 rolls at a time, had them ready to send to az or wherever it was....I hope Dwaynes stays in business. I also noticed the price of A&I mailers on B&H took a jump in price, at least from what i recall. Tom in Seattle

6. dmr

dmr Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hmmmm ... interesting.

Dwayne's does a very good job with Kodachrome. I may just try them when I next shoot E6 film. Although I seldom shoot it, when I do I take it to a local lab that does daily runs of E6 processing, and I have no complaints. (It is very convenient to drop off over lunch and pick up on the way home.) :smile:

7. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    we've been dropping off our chrome film ( 35mm ) to sam's club who ships to fuji who ships to dwayne's for the better part of 10 years now ..
    i can't complain about their quality or service at all.

8. r-s

r-s Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been told that Walmart and similar outlets will send their Kodachrome to Dwaynes, but only charge something like $4.77 a roll, which is damn hard to beat. (The only reason I haven't used that service myself, apart from not living near a Walmart, is that I have beat the price, by stocking up on a pile of mailers at a price that would make a peach blush. When they're gone, I'll be off to Walmart. I've also got a pile of A&I mailers I bought for Kodachrome processing, but only got to send them a dozen rolls or so before they threw in the rag. [insert sound of few remaining hairs being pulled out])

9. ineffablething

ineffablething Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I just got back three rolls from Dwayne's/Fuji mailers. There were all scratched and had tons of dust. I'm kinda pissed cos I just bought 30 of the mailers. Kinda shitty QC, if you ask me. Most of the slides had at least three to four long horizontal scratches and major dust spots/scratches.

IT

10. 3Dfan

3Dfan Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    It's $4.88 for a 36 exp roll and 3.88 for a 24 exp roll. for both E-6 and K-14.