Fujifilm instant film

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by Wolfeye, May 15, 2008.

1. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  2. pedropolis

pedropolis Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Amazing!
    thanks for sharing

I've been pretty disappointed with my fuji emulsion lift attempts so far

3. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    May I ask why? So far I've found it to be easier than polaroid.

4. pedropolis

pedropolis Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    mainly the fact that the frikin thing wont stick to the paper!
    and the difficulty of manipulations because of this, tears and wrinkles etc...

5. amuderick

amuderick Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Finally some word from Fuji that they recognize and support this transition. Hopefully they'll be able to stick with us for some time to come! Thanks Fuji.

6. rwyoung

rwyoung Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    1) I also have found it to be easy to lift and reasonably tough but "unsticky"

2) Seems too easy now but the recommendation in the above referenced PDF to just re-use some of the glue from the Fuji support paper. Duh!

3) Mod Podge, but haven't tried it. I've only done a few lifts just as a lark. Nothing special in mind so no further investment except to get the hard brayer. That did make a world of difference in the transfer technique.

7. smiling gecko

smiling gecko Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    "polaroid" instant film for...the holgaroid

err...i've got a qustion i've haven't seen addressed.

i went to the fujifilmusa and to freestyle website and couldn't find any mention of the "polaroid" instant film for...the holgaroid. :rolleyes:

i'm out on the road, away from home, and don't have the camera or the box for the polaroid film in front of me, so i don't have the product number/name handy. it makes wee little gems of (3"x3", i think) b&w prints.

when i bought it a few years back the film was still available (here and there)...now, with polaroid pulling the plug on it's instant film products it looks like i am...out of luck unless fuji revives this quirky, low volume item...aarrgghhh!!

any one have one? also, anyone know of any current sources for this format film? i'd appreciate any insights and ideas (besides sinking it in my son's aquarium for the the fish to frolic around).

...what was i thinking?? :tongue::tongue:

kenneth
    NEVER FORGET BESLAN
    www.neverforgetbeslan.org

8. rwyoung

rwyoung Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    80 series wasn't it for the original Holgaroid?

And I thought they made a new back for the Holgas that could take the "standard" packfilm like 669 and FP100C with the understanding that the image area wouldn't be a 100% match to the slightly larger packfilm size. That is to say, some wasted film area.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_prod.php?cat_id=&pid=1000002288

9. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  10. smiling gecko

smiling gecko Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    thanks...

thanks rwyoung for the link to the "new and improved" holgaroid...i saw mention of Plaroid T88 film, but couldn't find any on their site...time to 'a googlin....

i bet - or atleast wonder - there's a Japanese non export version of the T88, seems instant films are pretty popular in Japan. Any members or visitors from Japan about? I would appreciate any leads on this instant film format would be appreciated.

thanks all,

kenneth lockerman
    NEVER FORGET BESLAN
    www.neverforgetbeslan.org

11. rwyoung

rwyoung Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe T88 has been gone for a while so I wouldn't hold out much hope for it. :sad:

The "improved" Holgaroid and Fuji FP100B / FP100C might be fun but I have sort of a problem paying $150 for a Holga... :wink: Picked up a busted MP-4 for WAY less than that and made "Frankenroid" for pinhole work.