Fujinon SW 75 mm f/8 opinions!

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by JosBurke, Feb 12, 2008.

1. JosBurke

JosBurke Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just had a Fujinon SW 75 mm f/8 delivered today--any users able to note as to the image quality from this lens series-- I have the 5,6 90 SWD and several other Fuji lenses and they are all excellent--- At $281 off ebay ( item # 160204157791 ) surely it can't be a bad buy--58 mm front threads- (inexpensive filters) and the glass is flawless and of course single coated !! BTW--It is in a Seiko shutter that appears to be functioning flawlessly!
    Any users here?

2. JosBurke

JosBurke Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can say it is very compact but my 75 mm Biogon is much easier to use at f 4,5 plus no need to drop the bed wwith the Biogon as opposed to the Fuji due to it's size--but that is a huge price difference with the Biogon easily costing 10 times the Fuji price in this case!! Weather permitting I'll try the Fuji out this weekend!

3. coriana6jp

coriana6jp Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have played with one a couple of times. I found it to be a very sharp lens with overall good contrast. Though, at f/8 it was much harder to focus than 90mm F/8 SW lens that I also have. I have used a number of Seiko shutters and most of them have been pretty accurate.

Enjoy the lens.

Gary